Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are there any better methods to remove the Bayer filter other than scratching off?

T

terryhillman

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi.
I want to convert my old camera to monochrome. I googled and found the major method is to physically scratch it off. I don’t want to go that way because it have a high risk on damaging the sensor, and is very difficult to apply throughly.
Is it possible to do the work other ways, such as using some chemicals that only solute the Bayer filter, but leave all other parts intact?
Thanks.

I think you need a photography forum.

Hi.
I want to convert my old camera to monochrome. I googled and found the major method is to physically scratch it off. I don’t want to go that way because it have a high risk on damaging the sensor, and is very difficult to apply throughly.
Is it possible to do the work other ways, such as using some chemicals that only solute the Bayer filter, but leave all other parts intact?
Thanks.
Digital camera? Can’t you convert your images to B&W with editing software? Ie Photoshop.

Hi.
Thanks.
Have you tried it here?
;)

Back