Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are you receiving emails from the forum?

Are you receiving emails from the forum?

• Yes, I receive all emails fine

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Yes, but they go in my spam folder

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • I have stopped receiving all emails from the forum

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are having quite a few reports of notification emails from the forum not being received or being put into your spam folder ( ie: notifications that a thread has had a new post ) This will also be affecting the weekly digest that goes out every Saturday afternoon which we know is very popular with members that do not login as regular as others.

So, we would just be grateful of any feedback on whether you are receving any emails from us or maybe all our emails are ending up in your spam folder?

We are working to fix this problem but just need to know how widespread it actually is.

Many thanks..

Now you mention it, no but I've not been posting much recently.

Working ok for me now :)

We have made some changes over the past 24 hours and are hoping the problem is now fixed.

Please obviously let us know if you still have problems.

Hi Martin, have had some issues but it seems not to fall inside your voting criteria. I would say the problem is intermittent and spasmodic.

Out of interest. You sent this post on Sunday night as an announcement - yes? I got to know of it just by looking in "latest threads" tonight - that's two days later and by chance. Should an announcement be flagged up to all members as a matter of course? I would have thought so but it seems that dosen't happen. That must be a software issue.

I started getting a shed load yesterday, after not noticing any for weeks. I soon turned them off, as I'm always here!

ditto, same as 2into1

Hi Martin, have had some issues but it seems not to fall inside your voting criteria. I would say the problem is intermittent and spasmodic.

Out of interest. You sent this post on Sunday night as an announcement - yes? I got to know of it just by looking in "latest threads" tonight - that's two days later and by chance. Should an announcement be flagged up to all members as a matter of course? I would have thought so but it seems that dosen't happen. That must be a software issue.
Hi, yes this post should of appeared with everything that was in 'new posts' it could be that you have maybe set up to ignore new posts for certain parts of the forum?

To add since this post it seems that any post I reply to it automatically now becomes a "watched" post and e-mails start so after I press reply I will have to unwatch this thread again or e-mail will start again

Hi, yes this post should of appeared with everything that was in 'new posts' it could be that you have maybe set up to ignore new posts for certain parts of the forum?
Agree, but I think what I am saying here is that an announcement from Admin should generate an email to all members irrespective of settings, otherwise its only an announcement to those who go looking or as you suggest have not switched of any items in New Posts. Just a thought.

Same issue here with emails about replies to topics - I never changed setting and despite going in after and changing settings and watched threads they keep being sent

Next time this happens click on the link at the very bottom of the email

Time flies ... Seems I have not received anything since 2013 ... can that be correct ???

Despite updating my preferences several times (by the email route, and directly), any pause in emails seems only temporary, and notifications of watched threads soon start arriving again.... It's frankly becoming a nuisance as I'm waiting for an important mail and keep jumping to my phone only to see the flood of forum mails have started again.
It feels like someone is still adjusting / refining the system after you discovered we had stopped getting mails.

Back