Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Atera Genio Pro carrier

M

Mollie

Guest User
It seemed a shame not to be able to take our two electric bikes with us on this year’s outings but I struggled to decide on the best carrier. Somehow the VE tailgate carrier finishes the T6 off well but a dodgy back was always going to be a problem. After some research I have finally gone with a towball and an Atera Genio Pro. Fantastic piece of kit. It folds and tilts and the tailgate opens over it with adequate clearance. Not cheap but it looks to have been a good choice

ECC3D8D3-3F11-41EC-A816-46EA991422BD.jpeg

F6867976-B8F9-4B55-9AE7-3827F1C037D4.jpeg

Hi Mollie, that sounds good, I’ve been looking for a toe bar bike carrier tha would allow the hatch to open. Can you fold it with bikes on and still clear the hatch?

Looking at this myself compared with thule xt2, who did you buy off in the end presume you found best price.

Interested to hear more as looking for a tow bar bike carrier myself. Seems a minefield as to which models have tailgate clearance. Is your towbar fixed or removable?

Resurrecting this thread rather than start a new one.

Does anyone know what bulbs the Atera Genio Pro takes? I'm going away and thought I'd take some spares. It's amazingly difficult to find this information online or in the manuals provided, so if anyone has figured it out please share!