Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ATM's and Cash Machine security

I found something similar in the UK but no green plastic, pulled it off. The police never turned up so I destroyed it.

It was a weird occurrence. I was in a queue for the cash point on a friday early evening. The queue was unusually big. A guy with a foreign accent let me go first which seemed odd, my suspicion was instantly up.

As I got nearer to the front, a rather drunk chap in front was struggling to get his card in the slot. I noticed the cashpoint looked slightly different at that moment. I very loudly warned him not to put his card in, he didnt understand, so I pulled it off the cash machine and showed him. Everyone was pretty shocked as you can imagine. I was rather vocal about the character of people who would do such things, in front of the guy who I assumed was the "owner" of the device. Probably a bit foolish with hindsight

It was then I realised that the guy who let me in the queue wasn't alone, he had a massive looking guy to one side waiting and another fella leaning against the wall no doubt watching pin numbers.

I fully expected a kicking, but luckily they got spooked and ran off, probably as there was a big group of people. I actually started to follow them before coming to my senses and going back to the shop and putting the device in the shop safe for the police.

The big guy came back and tried to get the girls show him the device, stupidly they were about to give it to him.
The police never turned up.

It was a weird occurrence. I was in a queue for the cash point on a friday early evening. The queue was unusually big. A guy with a foreign accent let me go first which seemed odd, my suspicion was instantly up.

As I got nearer to the front, a rather drunk chap in front was struggling to get his card in the slot. I noticed the cashpoint looked slightly different at that moment. I very loudly warned him not to put his card in, he didnt understand, so I pulled it off the cash machine and showed him. Everyone was pretty shocked as you can imagine. I was rather vocal about the character of people who would do such things, in front of the guy who I assumed was the "owner" of the device. Probably a bit foolish with hindsight

It was then I realised that the guy who let me in the queue wasn't alone, he had a massive looking guy to one side waiting and another fella leaning against the wall no doubt watching pin numbers.

I fully expected a kicking, but luckily they got spooked and ran off, probably as there was a big group of people. I actually started to follow them before coming to my senses and going back to the shop and putting the device in the shop safe for the police.

The big guy came back and tried to get the girls show him the device, stupidly they were about to give it to him.
The police never turned up.
Terrible response from Plod... The advantage you had, I assume was public place, people around and - perhaps most importantly - the scumbags don't want to get caught.

Well done Matt. Brave intervention given the circumstances.

My sister who is high up in banking has said the skimming of cash machines is very prevalent and according to police almost exclusively by foreign nationals. This is not racist but sadly fact. Our home grown criminals outnumber them 100 to 1 so we have nothing to be boasting about.