Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Attaching outdoor folding table inside van

ejmoore

ejmoore

2016 California Ocean 2.0 TDI
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Yesterday I recalled that there's supposed to be a way of attaching the outdoor table to the kitchen unit using the fold-down clips on the underside.

We tried this but couldn't find a way of getting the black plastic 'hooks' of the clips to engage with the rail.

I think this only applies to older Calis (ours is 2008) but can anyone remember or ideally post a photo?

On a SE/Ocean
It's mounting the inside table to the rear seat without using the leg but using the strap that you mean?

Thanks HC, but no, not that way - there are clips folded down underneath that fold out & apparently engage with the kitchen unit rail instead of the sliding table.

I found lots of references on older threads (partly about why the outdoor table is too high for the outdoor chairs). On the beach there's apparently a channel in the door, but ours is not a Beach & the only channel is on the kitchen unit.

The clips must do something, one would imagine.

Yesterday I recalled that there's supposed to be a way of attaching the outdoor table to the kitchen unit using the fold-down clips on the underside.

We tried this but couldn't find a way of getting the black plastic 'hooks' of the clips to engage with the rail.

I think this only applies to older Calis (ours is 2008) but can anyone remember or ideally post a photo?
There should be a couple of black clips already on outside table that fits the rail .

Yes, the clips are there, and they look like they should engage, but we couldn't get them to clip into anything securely - I'd like to find out how to get them into position.

Yes, the clips are there, and they look like they should engage, but we couldn't get them to clip into anything securely - I'd like to find out how to get them into position.

Sorry I've only got experience with a Beach but are you lifting the table up to roughly a 45 degree angle to locate the clips into the groove?

Tried to, but maybe we just need to have another go at it.

Hurray! Finally got this to work. Lifting it at 45deg worked eventually, but the thing that made the difference this try was to lift the lid of the cooker/sink first, which made it easier to locate.
Thanks for tips & advice.