Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

August DVB T405

BubbleBus

BubbleBus

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have an august dvb t405 unit that used to connect to my old iPad using the siano tv app. Bit disappointed with daffodil when I requested help as the unit stopped working when I upgraded to a new iPad. They basically said buy another unit as siano app now not used.
hooray just found out that Siano update now connects perfectly with my latest iPad and everything back.
Normal TV viewing will be resumed as soon as possible.
Like to use iPad to its full potential, mail, satnav (sygic), tv, VW forum etc.

Are you saying the Siano app has been updated in the app store? Mine stopped working in IOS 13.

edit: yes, notes say upgraded to support ios13, that's excellent, its such a good way to watch the occasional bit of TV whilst away.

Yes i spoke to them about a month ago and they were aware and updating the software for ios13 so now works fine. I did reload the free app though.

Yep works fine now on iOS 13, thought I would have to replace unit but everything is fine on new iPad

I have an august dvb t405 unit that used to connect to my old iPad using the siano tv app. Bit disappointed with daffodil when I requested help as the unit stopped working when I upgraded to a new iPad. They basically said buy another unit as siano app now not used.
hooray just found out that Siano update now connects perfectly with my latest iPad and everything back.
Normal TV viewing will be resumed as soon as possible.
Like to use iPad to its full potential, mail, satnav (sygic), tv, VW forum etc.
I’ve still got the free Siano Tv app running on my iPad. I want to do a factor reset of the iPad. I’m assuming I will have to pay for the recently “updated” not free app.
Bit cheeky of Daffodil.
Did you have to pay?

Nope, if you go to App Store there is an option at the bottom of the screen for updates..it just updates the apps you already have..I found that after doing all updates then the Siano tv app just worked on my latest iPad ...I think a factory reset will bring back in all your previous purchases, free or not, if you do a backup to iTunes first then just add the ones back in that you want...simples..

Nope, if you go to App Store there is an option at the bottom of the screen for updates..it just updates the apps you already have..I found that after doing all updates then the Siano tv app just worked on my latest iPad ...I think a factory reset will bring back in all your previous purchases, free or not, if you do a backup to iTunes first then just add the ones back in that you want...simples..
Triffic, thanks

Back