Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Austria

Mazvw42

Mazvw42

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We travelled down to Austria in mid May and stayed at an excellent campsite just outside Innsbruck, Camping Natterersee http://www.natterersee.com. The scenery was spectacular and the campsite facilities truly first class . The weather was mixed, well mostly wet actually! with some snow on a trip to Lake Konstanz! The campsite also has Europe's biggest collection of toy cars and caravans! The California drives really well and feels like a large car more than a van, in fact I drove the whole distance between the campsite and Calais in one day on the return trip without the usual back ache you get in cars. I think my California is great :D

Wow - Austria to Calais in a day! :goodone

We broke the journey up - stayed overnight in Metz when we came back from Austria last summer.

I agree that Cali's are great mile-eaters. I think the high driving position and loads of cabin space make for a very relaxing journey.

I find the Cali seating position, cab space, adjustable chair arms a bit like a range rover p38's.

Excellent for eating up miles and a nice air space for a stereo to resonate in.

Pictures speak a thousand words , would be great to see some snaps :thumb

Sounds like a great trip. I did Austria last year, also via Konstance on the way down. Didnt do the return (from Kitzbuhel) in one go though, stop in Luxemburge for me. Do agree about the Cali being great at covering distance in comfort though.