Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux heater

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Good morning lovely people.
I'm parked up on a campsite in my Cali 6.1 (MY2021) and have had a very cold night as the aux heater is not working. I have used the remote successfully for the past couple of days so when the temp outside dropped during the night I used the remote from bed to switch the heater on. The light on the overhead screen came on but the light on the remote just flashed on and off for several seconds. The heater did not kick in and the screen light has remained on and is telling me to 'please wait'. I have tried switching off the heater using the remote with no success. The light on the screen has remained on ever since. I have tried to coax it into starting up on the screen with no success. I'm on hookup, my batteries show full and I have half a tank of fuel. Could it be a software glitch? Or something else. Any help, my friends?

Using the remote puts you in instant heating mode. That mode has a 2 hour time limit without driving the van.
Use "Heat Continuously " & turn it on & off via the control panel.

You will have to go for a drive to reset the heater.

Thanks Andy. I didn't know about the two hour limit - which I will easily have exceeded. Went for a drive as you suggested and all now seems to be well.
If I have now reset the heater, does the remote reset to another 2 hours limit?

Thanks Andy. I didn't know about the two hour limit - which I will easily have exceeded. Went for a drive as you suggested and all now seems to be well.
If I have now reset the heater, does the remote reset to another 2 hours limit?
Yes - but if you choose run continuously via control panel & don't use the remote there is no time limit.

Yes - but if you choose run continuously via control panel & don't use the remote there is no time limit.
Excellent Andy. Thank you so much. I learn a little more each day.

Reactions: Sad
Back