Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heater remote out of sync

M

matthew cooper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
My 2008 California se auxiliary heater is working well. The remote which was working fine has for some reason stopped working.... The green light flashes which I believe means the heater has not picked up the signal. This happened a few months ago and by taking out one of the fuses under the passenger seat then pressing the turn off button on the aux remote after putting the fuse back in. Unfortunately I can't remember which fuse it was... I have tried each of the fuses but for some reason it won't seem to go back into sync. Can anyone help?

On mine - Green light Flashing indicates the remote is working and Heater picking up signal. If out of range - green light flashes then changes to red.

• Agree
Reactions: DM
My 2008 California se auxiliary heater is working well. The remote which was working fine has for some reason stopped working.... The green light flashes which I believe means the heater has not picked up the signal. This happened a few months ago and by taking out one of the fuses under the passenger seat then pressing the turn off button on the aux remote after putting the fuse back in. Unfortunately I can't remember which fuse it was... I have tried each of the fuses but for some reason it won't seem to go back into sync. Can anyone help?
Have you ever changed the Remote Battery?

Welshgas is right regarding the meaning of the flashing.

I also have an intermittent problem where I get no lights at all on the remote, even after pressing it several times. The next time I use it all works fine. It did occur to me it could be the battery in the remote. I will change it, and see if the situation improves.

Welshgas is right regarding the meaning of the flashing.

I also have an intermittent problem where I get no lights at all on the remote, even after pressing it several times. The next time I use it all works fine. It did occur to me it could be the battery in the remote. I will change it, and see if the situation improves.
Yes. I don't know how long the battery lasts in that remote.8411e79b146f3b1d7860b9b99a58778d-50036-1000_1000.jpg

WG,
Do you have to do any messin' about coding or anything when you change the batteries?

Yes that's a good thread WG. In truth I've rarely used the remote, but want to get it back in working order.

Just for those who would be interested:
My remote still works after 10 years with the original batteries.
I don't use it that much. Only when the front windscreen is frozen. This winter (2019 - 2020) I only had to use it 5 times. Other winters, about 15 - 20 times?

Didn't know this remote had such batteries. I thought it would be CR2032 too, like in the key remote.

Just for those who would be interested:
My remote still works after 10 years with the original batteries.
I don't use it that much. Only when the front windscreen is frozen. This winter (2019 - 2020) I only had to use it 5 times. Other winters, about 15 - 20 times?

Didn't know this remote had such batteries. I thought it would be CR2032 too, like in the key remote.
i changed my remote battery today(2017 t6) no problem got a battery from Timpson's battery no CR 2430 £3

Back