Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heater initialising/operating noise? Please help!

LucyYorkshire

LucyYorkshire

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi everyone. I’m looking for a consensus of opinion on the noise the auxiliary heater makes whilst in operation. I’m aware of the slight ticking and the fan noise which doesn’t bother me in the slightest but I’m being driven nuts by a whirring initialising noise. I have a 1 year old 6.1 4Motion. It’s been back to the garage and they said it was a fuel sensor which they replaced but it wasn’t. So, I’ve spent the whole of yesterday and today seeing what makes it do the whirring initialising noise from the dashboard/engine area. And I think it’s the heater when it’s in operation. But I’m not sure. Does yours do the same? It sometimes does it every 30 seconds, sometimes every couple of minutes and can do it throughout the night when the heaters on and sometimes not at all. If everyone else’s does it I will live with it as the heater is an amazing bit of kit. If no-one else’s does then does anyone know what it could be (so I can tell the mechanics who have so far drawn a blank)? Thank you in advance. I love this community. It seems such a minor problem but it’s even more irritating than my partner’s snoring and that’s really really irritating…

Last edited:
Not alot of help, but I can't say I've noticed anything like that, but I also can't be sure either!
Is it something you can record?

Not alot of help, but I can't say I've noticed anything like that, but I also can't be sure either!
Is it something you can record?
Thank you for replying. I have recorded it but haven’t the first clue how to attach a video as it only appears that I can attach a photo. I’m a bit useless unless it’s simple!

Actually the noise just happened and the auxiliary heater hasn’t been on all day. I’ve posted the noise onto the Official VW California Club Facebook page if anyone really wants to hear it as I can’t post a video on this forum without a YouTube account. Thanks in advance. The garage has asked us to collate all the info we can as nothing is showing when they plug the van into their computer thingy.

Back