Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Whirring from engine, child lock flashing?

amacken

amacken

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,

Had our new T6.1 Ocean a couple of months now and loving it, but there is one annoyance. When parked up, in camping mode, every 30 seconds or so there is a whirring noise from the engine compartment followed by the child lock flashing on and off. Does anyone have any ideas please? Thank you

My friend who is a senior engineer in a very well known automobile says that the body control module should be checked, also check the battery , voltage could be low..final question has the Cali been modified in any way

Find a member near to you with VCDS and ask him/her to run a full scan on your Cali. Hopefully the fault will then be revealed.
If there is no one on this forum with VCDS close to you try asking on the T6 Forum, the knowledge on that forum often outshines that of VW dealerships!

My friend who is a senior engineer in a very well known automobile says that the body control module should be checked, also check the battery , voltage could be low..final question has the Cali been modified in any way
Thank you Niborn, I’ll get that checked

Find a member near to you with VCDS and ask him/her to run a full scan on your Cali. Hopefully the fault will then be revealed.
If there is no one on this forum with VCDS close to you try asking on the T6 Forum, the knowledge on that forum often outshines that of VW dealerships!
Thank you Rod

Thank you Rod
It isn’t really your problem to find out what’s wrong or why it’s making the noise. The van is practically new and has a 3 year warranty which VW will sort out for you. Just phone up the dealer you bought it from, explain your concern and go from there. Or your nearest van centre if it’s closer.

It isn’t really your problem to find out what’s wrong or why it’s making the noise. The van is practically new and has a 3 year warranty which VW will sort out for you. Just phone up the dealer you bought it from, explain your concern and go from there. Or your nearest van centre if it’s closer.
I totally agree but for me it's good to know what's wrong before a dealer gets his hand on it.

Being a VCDS owner it's easy for me to scan and keep a full log of a VAG vehicle and if necessary compare it with another scan after the dealer has 'fixed' it.

Hi everyone,

Had our new T6.1 Ocean a couple of months now and loving it, but there is one annoyance. When parked up, in camping mode, every 30 seconds or so there is a whirring noise from the engine compartment followed by the child lock flashing on and off. Does anyone have any ideas please? Thank you
Hi there. Wondered if you managed to get to the bottom of this? I’m on holiday in the wilds of Scotland following just having the factory recall done for the SOS button and the doors but now there’s a whirring noise coming from the dash every 30 seconds and the child lock flashes on and off just like your fault. Obviously I’ll sort out on my return but wondered if you were any the wiser. Thanks

Hi there. Wondered if you managed to get to the bottom of this? I’m on holiday in the wilds of Scotland following just having the factory recall done for the SOS button and the doors but now there’s a whirring noise coming from the dash every 30 seconds and the child lock flashes on and off just like your fault. Obviously I’ll sort out on my return but wondered if you were any the wiser. Thanks
Hi Lucy,

I haven’t had a chance to chase it yet, it’s more of an annoyance rather than anything else and it seems intermittent as well. I’ll take it to the dealer at some point but that won’t be for a while.

Hi Lucy,

I haven’t had a chance to chase it yet, it’s more of an annoyance rather than anything else and it seems intermittent as well. I’ll take it to the dealer at some point but that won’t be for a while.
Thanks for getting back to me. If I get mine sorted before yours I’ll let you know what the outcome is. It’s definitely just an annoyance although ours has gone a bit further now with a few more flashing lights and gremlins!

Thanks for getting back to me. If I get mine sorted before yours I’ll let you know what the outcome is. It’s definitely just an annoyance although ours has gone a bit further now with a few more flashing lights and gremlins!
Likewise, if I find anything out I’ll let you know.

Back