Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Heater - Start up setting

V

Vagophile

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The heater has been getting a lot of use lately. Usually it is on setting 3 when I switch it off after use, but it is always on 7 when I switch it on the next day using the remote. Does the start up have a programmed routine including output level?

The heater has been getting a lot of use lately. Usually it is on setting 3 when I switch it off after use, but it is always on 7 when I switch it on the next day using the remote. Does the start up have a programmed routine including output level?
Mine retains the last setting when using the remote.
It only reverts to 7 if I have switched the Control Panel Off/ On.

sorry don’t know which van you have, but on the 6.1 the remote uses the ‘immediate heat’ mode which has its own temperature setting and run time limits which you can adjust when in that mode. The other’ ‘ continuous heating’ mode which you mostly use when camping etc via the control panel has a separate temperature setting. Both retain last used temp when deactivated. Is it possible you have one set at level 3 and other at level 7?

On our 6.1 it takes the last setting used on Immediate Heat, and also the last mode set for Immediate Heating. So you can have your Continuous Heat set at say 3, and Immediate Heating set to ‘Ventilate’, and the remote then switches on Ventilate mode.

It only reverts to 7 if I have switched the Control Panel Off/ On.
I suspect that that is what I am doing and not just switching the heater off. I normally have the control panel switched off (don't really know why), so that probably explains it.

I suspect that that is what I am doing and not just switching the heater off. I normally have the control panel switched off (don't really know why), so that probably explains it.
The Control Panel will switch off into Standby Mode automatically. Switching the Control Panell Off reboots the software into standard settings.
Once the LCD screen goes blank power consumption is zero.

Back