Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning advice

L

Lifeinavan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hey, ive noticed this is a question that pops up like, all the time but can anyone tell me exactly what I need to put a awning on my Cali T5 Comfortline 2010.

I was down today at out local Camperdealer and ofcourse they had never seen a Vw California and had no idea what parts or what awning was needed. All they sugested was one that attached to roofbars but then realised it was a popuproof and that it wasnt an option either.

After many searches I still get more confused the more I read on the subject.

What awning should I buy? (I want it to be as close to the original as possible.

Do I need to buy any specific "mount"? If so, what one.

They told me they could order the parts and attach it once I knew what was needed so, anyone can give me a hand?

And im sorry for being another person asking for this. lol.

I believe you can get either the original VW (omnistor) awning or the Fiamma F45, both fit onto the existing rail that the California already has and should include the fittings you need as far as I am aware.

Hey, ive noticed this is a question that pops up like, all the time but can anyone tell me exactly what I need to put a awning on my Cali T5 Comfortline 2010.

I was down today at out local Camperdealer and ofcourse they had never seen a Vw California and had no idea what parts or what awning was needed. All they sugested was one that attached to roofbars but then realised it was a popuproof and that it wasnt an option either.

After many searches I still get more confused the more I read on the subject.

What awning should I buy? (I want it to be as close to the original as possible.

Do I need to buy any specific "mount"? If so, what one.

They told me they could order the parts and attach it once I knew what was needed so, anyone can give me a hand?

And im sorry for being another person asking for this. lol.

This is the Diagram and VW parts list .

http://www.partsbase.org/vw/campmob...-2010-7h-a-000-001-7h-a-050-000-06720-awning/

I believe you can get either the original VW (omnistor) awning or the Fiamma F45, both fit onto the existing rail that the California already has and should include the fittings you need as far as I am aware.

Sorry MattBW but the original awning for the cali was the Fiamma as on my cali which was direct from the factory. (the cali that is)

John

Yeah I had heard that. I've got a fiamma on its way for mine via Comfortz, can't wait :)

Last edited:
If you have the choice of the Fiamma or Omnistor (VW) I would go for the Fiamma. Much better made in my opinion and the actual awning fabric is in one piece as opposed to the Omnistor. I few people, (us included) have had the glue melt in hot weather and the seam come apart.
Nick at Comfortz can supply the Fiamma awning which comes as a complete kit specially for the California.

So,

Fiamma F45S 260 VW T5 Deep Black California
Item nr: 06759E01T
Dimensions: 263cm x 247cm x 200cm
Awning Color: Deluxe Grey

Thus is what I want right?

If you get the Fiamma, I posted a couple of experiences to make the install even easier on the F45s thread. Namely to install the front bracket first then the rain seal, then the rear bracket. The instructions seem to suggest fitting the seal after but that wasn't working for us. We tried sliding the seal in too, didn't work. Bending it back and then pushing in with your thumb from behind worked great for me.

If I did it again I reckon it would be less than an hour, very easy install only the seal was a challenge the first time.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fiamma-f45s-from-comfortz.13602/

If you get the Fiamma, I posted a couple of experiences to make the install even easier on the F45s thread. Namely to install the front bracket first then the rain seal, then the rear bracket. The instructions seem to suggest fitting the seal after but that wasn't working for us. We tried sliding the seal in too, didn't work. Bending it back and then pushing in with your thumb from behind worked great for me.

If I did it again I reckon it would be less than an hour, very easy install only the seal was a challenge the first time.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fiamma-f45s-from-comfortz.13602/
I agree with Matt - it's an easy job to fit other that the rain seal being a bit stiff to push in - can also be done on your own with care as I fitted it single handed.