Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Light

Justinitus1972

Justinitus1972

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We bought one of these camping lanterns for use as an awning light. Really impressed with it, so I thought I’d post in case others might find it useful!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QZVVJHX/?tag=eliteelect-21

Its quite small and whilst it can be used as a regular outdoor lantern, it also clips directly to the rear awning bracket on a Cali (see photos below) so can be used as an awning light. It has 4 modes - daylight, bright, standard, red - plus various brightness levels. It’s remote control, so can be switched on and off from inside the van. We’ve just used it on its lowest setting, which is just bright enough to illuminate the sliding door area, for 4 nights solid and it used about half its battery. It’s also magnetic, so will attach to the rear side of the van and is plenty bright enough to see whilst cooking outside. Takes about 2hrs to recharge on USB. For about £20 I’m pretty happy!

IMG_3994.jpegIMG_3996.jpeg

Don't use the Red in the awning.:shocked

It's a pity that they don't have a Yellow function as that wavelength of light has been proven Not to attract flying insects.

We bought one of these camping lanterns for use as an awning light. Really impressed with it, so I thought I’d post in case others might find it useful!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QZVVJHX/?tag=eliteelect-21

Its quite small and whilst it can be used as a regular outdoor lantern, it also clips directly to the rear awning bracket on a Cali (see photos below) so can be used as an awning light. It has 4 modes - daylight, bright, standard, red - plus various brightness levels. It’s remote control, so can be switched on and off from inside the van. We’ve just used it on its lowest setting, which is just bright enough to illuminate the sliding door area, for 4 nights solid and it used about half its battery. It’s also magnetic, so will attach to the rear side of the van and is plenty bright enough to see whilst cooking outside. Takes about 2hrs to recharge on USB. For about £20 I’m pretty happy!

View attachment 117382View attachment 117383