Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Light Strip

Loz2286

Loz2286

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Some people have commented on my picture with my Cali with the awning LED strip light.

319858288_1543039499492129_7172110331701291390_n.jpgThis installation was inspired by this thread (LED Strip Light) and by A Bus and Beyond's YouTube video. Unfortunately the kits mentioned don't seem to be available so I sourced the following via eBay:-

LED light strip

lightstrip.png

Wireless Remote Switch
powersupply.png

Switched 12v plug
plug.png

I wasn't initially confident to pick up the power from the interior light so I used the "hidden" 12v socket by the rear bench and routed the wires to the remote switch under some of the rear trim. I chose the switched version so it was easy to isolate the light when not camping. Having re-read some other posts I will probably go for a neater installation over the winter. I want to eliminate drilling any components in order to preserve any future resale value. The cable is routed under the tailgate rubber strip.

Hope this helps.

Some people have commented on my picture with my Cali with the awning LED strip light.

View attachment 103159This installation was inspired by this thread (LED Strip Light) and by A Bus and Beyond's YouTube video. Unfortunately the kits mentioned don't seem to be available so I sourced the following via eBay:-

LED light strip

View attachment 103155

Wireless Remote Switch
View attachment 103156

Switched 12v plug
View attachment 103157

I wasn't initially confident to pick up the power from the interior light so I used the "hidden" 12v socket by the rear bench and routed the wires to the remote switch under some of the rear trim. I chose the switched version so it was easy to isolate the light when not camping. Having re-read some other posts I will probably go for a neater installation over the winter. I want to eliminate drilling any components in order to preserve any future resale value. The cable is routed under the tailgate rubber strip.

Hope this helps.
Very bright. How dim can it go?

View attachment 103159This installation was inspired by this thread (LED Strip Light) and by A Bus and Beyond's YouTube video. Unfortunately the kits mentioned don't seem to be available so I sourced the following via eBay:-

LED light strip

View attachment 103155

Wireless Remote Switch
View attachment 103156

Switched 12v plug
View attachment 103157

Hope this helps.
Unless you plan on removing the installation when you sell the vehicle then a good installation, even if it means drilling holes , would probably enhance the value rather than decrease it. It just shows that the owner took care of the vehicle., in my opinion.

Unless you plan on removing the installation when you sell the vehicle then a good installation, even if it means drilling holes , would probably enhance the value rather than decrease it. It just shows that the owner took care of the vehicle., in my opinion.
Possibly, but as I said I'm not that confident messing around with the existing electrical system. I've already torched one vehicle loom when restoring an old Land Rover.

Possibly, but as I said I'm not that confident messing around with the existing electrical system. I've already torched one vehicle loom when restoring an old Land Rover.
I agree if you are not confident.
Personally, if I do a modification or fit something I do it to the best of my ability without thinking “ Will it effect the resale price ?”.
A fitted awning light, tidily fitted, is a selling point, whether wired in permanently or via a 12v socket.

Back