Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning side front panels

Cubby

Cubby

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi all, looking for some Advice, recommendations on what side and front panels people use to Attach To the wind out Awnings on the side of the California cheers

We purchased the set from shop - Comfortz side kit

Hi Lorri,
Cheers ive got my name down on the waiting list

Hi there
got some from Thule because you get a little more space with an extra "pole". However seldom use them.

Last edited:
Hi Sapto,
Would you be interested in selling them if they are no longer used

Hi Sapto,
Would you be interested in selling them if they are no longer used

Hi Cubby
Thank you for asking. I guess you get a better deal ordering online as the shipment/tax is pretty expensive CH-GB
Maybe someone else around the corner?

Hi Sapto,
I never thought to check were u are residing you are totally right

Use both all the time. Depending on location and views and wind etc. Thi k they're great

IMG_20200716_111229.jpg

IMG_20200711_205000.jpg

20200803_091701.jpg

Has anyone got experience of the Thais version?

It seems to have a clever system of magnets that somehow attach the side panels to the van. Looks to be an interesting alternative, but I can't find any reference to it on the forum.

I have the external roof topper from Thais. It is a very decent piece of kit. Doesn't pack away very small, but it's double coated.
They have a lot of campervan stuff for sale nowadays.
If you think the price is right, there would be no reason to not buy from them I think.

I made my own, and used them a lot during my 3 weeks holiday in Italy last month, mainly to provide extra shade. The wind out awning is pretty limited being 2m x 2.5m, adding an extra slope panel or two provided much more shade.20200809_145136.jpg

We have a Thule G2 Sun Blocker, to provide some extra shade. When we deploy the awning the sun is usually too low for it to be effective in its own. I like the extra privacy it provides too. We've never felt the need to be totally boxed in though.

We bought the comfortz kit and find it really good. Always put it out when we stay anywhere more than one night..It gives that bit extra space to store all your stuff and somewhere to cook if it’s raining..

We bought the comfortz kit and find it really good. Always put it out when we stay anywhere more than one night..It gives that bit extra space to store all your stuff and somewhere to cook if it’s raining..
Same here, it’s so quick to put up, easy to store. Love the flexibility you can use it as a whole or just individual panels.

Back