Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bargain or not

Kev
Has the ad changed? 5k for a caravelle in good nick doesn't seem unreasonable

I have looked elsewhere and can't find one under 10k
The add doesn't ring true for me

Have you seen the MOT history? Doesn't look like a well cared for vehicle & only 3 weeks until expiry.

lol I think what does it for me is the fact his email address is in the chec republic his phone number is Manchester he says he has moved to Plymouth
But the van is in Coventry.

Ah I havn't seen his email address, also very Italian sounding name.

Perhaps you should charge say a nominal £1 by debit card for an advert to get a confirmed ID of the seller? or can you as an admin of the site where the advert is held ask for a scanned copy of ID + V5 even if certain parts are blanked out?
Advert has reg number & lots of decent photos, you don't normally get that with a scammer.

There are loads of cheap VW camper van scams on eBay, Gumtree, buyer beware. If it's too good to be true.............

So if the add is a possible doggy one should it not be reviewed in detail by the " mods" if it is on the club "for sale" area

It has been by me I am awaiting a reply from the seller before I remove it
I posted it on here to make people aware

My recent eBay advert for our Caravelle was cloned, word for word, with all the photos, selling at £4950, whereas mine was advertised at £12k. They just added a phone number (which sounded like it diverted - not answered)
I reported the ad, rang and spoke to eBay, they assured me they would take action.
Just searched and it's still sitting there on eBay - shocking response. I hope no one gets stung.

We sold our first Cali on Autotrader and that advert got hacked similar to above. The guy who eventually bought it alerted me to the scam.
Autotrader were good though. Immediately removed the scam advert and reinserted our correct one.

Looks very very suspicious to me, I am in coventry however, so could check I doubt its there. If it is the owner may not be aware they are selling it...

A Coventry number would be 024 76------

Back