Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Decals on E Bay

Re: Really P****d Off

James.....

I think you should maybe take it as a compliment ?

If anything, perhaps they should have asked if you were going to try to look at your decal design commercially before they went ahead.

Re: Really P****d Off

BerndRos said:
James.....

I think you should maybe take it as a compliment ?

If anything, perhaps they should have asked if you were going to try to look at your decal design commercially before they went ahead.

I get the compliment part....

I just don't understand how those decals have ended up on E Bay and a picture of my van...

James

Report it to eBay I would not be happy :headbang

I woild suspect if you have not given the pictures to the dealer they have been lifted from this site.

Interestingly enough, the silver decals are not identical to your originals James... slightly different sizing by the looks of things. (Look at the positioning of the VW logo for instance)

The California word isn't as well positioned an the VW logo is completely different.

I'd simply ask the seller to remove your photo as a breach of copyright, if they don't... drop a report to ebay. (Unfortunately photo harvesting is a practice that's all too common on ebay)

Wondering if it is the company that did yours for you? If so, incredibly bad form to simply use the picture without asking you. I'd have words. (I'm making the assumption it's your photo and not one they took when they were doing it) Given the differences, I'd suspect it's not the same company though.

Rgds
M

SimplyDubs said:
Interestingly enough, the silver decals are not identical to your originals James... slightly different sizing by the looks of things. (Look at the positioning of the VW logo for instance)

The California word isn't as well positioned an the VW logo is completely different.

I'd simply ask the seller to remove your photo as a breach of copyright, if they don't... drop a report to ebay. (Unfortunately photo harvesting is a practice that's all too common on ebay)

Wondering if it is the company that did yours for you? If so, incredibly bad form to simply use the picture without asking you. I'd have words. (I'm making the assumption it's your photo and not one they took when they were doing it) Given the differences, I'd suspect it's not the same company though.

Rgds
M

It's not the company that did mine, I think you will find that if you do a search it will be a forum member here. I don't mind a sort of copying exercise, I mean plagiarism makes the world go round in one form or another. It just feels a bit odd when someone is taking your idea and using it for profit and using a picture of your van which as someone said, was lifted from here.

I will contact E Bay.

:) :censor

James

A poor copy indeed James.. not well done... poor use/balance of whitespace etc. :)

The using your photo is well out of order... a straight breach of copyright. Ask them to remove it.

It'd be a shame if it was someone on here and they weren't courteous enough to ask you if you objected the use of your picture, giving you the option to say no... Not the sort of community spirit I'd expect at all.

M

SimplyDubs said:
A poor copy indeed James.. not well done... poor use/balance of whitespace etc. :)

The using your photo is well out of order... a straight breach of copyright. Ask them to remove it.

It'd be a shame if it was someone on here and they weren't courteous enough to ask you if you objected the use of your picture, giving you the option to say no... Not the sort of community spirit I'd expect at all.

M

A 'Beach' of Copyright?

:D

James

Hi James,it looks like they have removed your pictures of Betty custard,also fyi when I click on the picture of the vehicle with the logo and click the arrows it goes into photo bucket and all your photo's! :crazy

Gasgas said:
Hi James,it looks like they have removed your pictures of Betty custard,also fyi when I click on the picture of the vehicle with the logo and click the arrows it goes into photo bucket and all your photo's! :crazy

Yes I know - I e mailed the seller - thanks for letting me know though :)

James

I have had some decals similar to James's made up for my van and since seeing this on the forum I feel some what sick, I will be contacting the person that made my graphics in the morning to see if he knows anything about the 'EBay item and if so will be taking legal action as my van is also pictured in the advert

A some what A P....d off alasdair :headbang

According to eBay this listing has now ended I'm not sure if it was anything to do with the company I used to make my graphics, but rest assured I won't be using them again

Lesson learned. DONT TRUST ANYONE

Alasdair

Back