Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Floor Rails

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
This question was inspired by a question on the regular forum.

How many floor rails does the Beach have?

I ask because if like me you are not getting the additional two seats - can they be put in later should I buy some.

I ask because I noticed someone was asking if the 5th seat can be easily put into the Cali after it is purchased and someone said no, it they had to have the correct floor rail system from the factory.

Looking at pics, my triple bench Beach looks two have four floor rails, which, I am led to believe if you want the full quota of seats.

So, is the floor rail system different if you don't order the additional seats or am I having a mad half hour?

It might be worth clarifying as a tip for any future buyers.

If I've just made an idiot of myself by asking an obvious question I am sorry :(

James

I think if you order the 3-seat bench you can get the rails for the extra seats, but only if you order the seats with the van. If you order the standard 2-seat bench I think you can order just the one extra seat. Again, if you don't order the optional seat, you don't get the extra rails. That is my understanding, but check with your VW dealer.

I'm still waiting for mine!

I can only comment on mine, which is a 7 seater. That has 4 rails. I suspect though, any beach ordered with a 3 seater rear bench, would have the same 4 floor rails.

Chris

Back