Ich verscht a sie nicht
Please excuse the spelling

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
Sounds interesting, what is he talking about? :help
Ich verscht a sie nicht
Please excuse the spelling

Alasdair

I don't speak German - I have seen some German films - not sure that translation would help.

James

I have seen a few German films I think aarh oooh Yes yes is the same in any language :laugh2

I've seen some German films like that aswell in fact some French ones are similar and they all speak the same language :laugh2

you find any versions doing the pods for the bench seat beach james :?: :?:

Calikev said:
I have seen a few German films I think aarh oooh Yes yes is the same in any language :laugh2
On those old VHS tapes stored in the loft?? :laugh2

choplee said:

Maxxcamp seem to gear their pods around the two seater - which makes sense, I mean that is the Camping Beach really.

I have to say, if I wanted a camper, a two seater Beach with some pods, that's tempting :)

Seems to give you the best of both worlds.

I do notice on their website they sell a two seater Beach rear bench - so, if you were particularly flush, you could convert your three seater to a two.

James

But surely you'd have to change the flexi board as well. Isn't it different in the two seater? :hello

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
But surely you'd have to change the flexi board as well. Isn't it different in the two seater? :hello

Alasdair

Yes it sits lower and doesn't adjust in the same way as there is no need for the long bed - Maxxcamp do their own version

Would be expensive but you could sell your old bits - can't see it happening.

I don't need to sell my old bits as I've got the two seater rear bench that's why I was interested in the Maxx camp video

I'll ask my son to see if he can translate it I'll let you know :hello

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
I don't need to sell my old bits as I've got the two seater rear bench that's why I was interested in the Maxx camp video

Alasdair

The two seater Beach and three seater Beach are very different vehicles, 2 seater is really the camping version, the three seater the more MPV version.

The two seater Beach is also the original Beach

James

James said:
Barefoot62 said:

Alasdair

The two seater Beach and three seater Beach are very different vehicles, 2 seater is really the camping version, the three seater the more MPV version.

James

If I'd known that when I was having the graphics done I could have VW CALIFORNIA BEACH ORIGINAL lol :laugh2

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
James said:
Barefoot62 said:

Alasdair

James

If I'd known that when I was having the graphics done I could have VW CALIFORNIA BEACH ORIGINAL lol :laugh2

Alasdair

Ah you know the three seater is better :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

I think that depends on which maxxcamp mod you want to fit. After all you did mention that they're designed for the two sweater Beach lol
:laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :bananadance :bananadance

Barefoot62 said:
I think that depends on which maxxcamp mod you want to fit. After all you did mention that they're designed for the two sweater Beach lol
:laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :bananadance :bananadance

But as a general vehicle - you got to admit - the three seat is a better choice? :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

I wouldn't say better vehicle,maybe better MPV orientated vehicle?
After all they're both T5's they're both Beach's and as far as I'm concerned they're both brilliant in they're own ways :cool

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
I wouldn't say better vehicle,maybe better MPV orientated vehicle?
After all they're both T5's they're both Beach's and as far as I'm concerned they're both brilliant in they're own ways :cool

Alasdair

i like the seeming quirkiness of the two seater and it does lend itself well to adaptation - if you're into your camping, then it makes a lot of sense, the bench folds lower like a full Cali bed, so not even so much need to have the roof up

But I wouldn't change my three seater :)

James said:
choplee said:

Maxxcamp seem to gear their pods around the two seater - which makes sense, I mean that is the Camping Beach really.

I have to say, if I wanted a camper, a two seater Beach with some pods, that's tempting :)

Seems to give you the best of both worlds.

I do notice on their website they sell a two seater Beach rear bench - so, if you were particularly flush, you could convert your three seater to a two.

James

I would say it was the opposite and the modules are designed for the three seater bench beach. Here's the reply I got when I enquired. The lack of suitable pods for the original beach is the reason why I'm making one.

Dear Mr. S,

thank you for your email. The MultiModules “FRITZ” are designed for the 3-seater-bench. If you want to use it in combination with the 2-seater-bench you have to modify the original bed extension. The water supply option can not be supplied with larger containers, but of course you can get two additional containers. For the detailed delivery costs we should have your exact address, but they will be at about € 180,-. And unfortunately we have no discount for VIP members of your club.

Kind regards

Martin Schlegel
mail@maxxcamp.de

Andy

The only thing I don't understand about the two seater beach is why can't VW put the same mechanism for the rear headrests in the back seats as they do on the SE? :crazy

Alasdair

To clarify the confusion about the video:

This is a video by our partner Cali-Camper.de, a hirer of california vans. It explains the cars and our system.

From our homepage:
Just test the MAXXCAMP-System. In partnership with Cali-Camper.de we are proud to present a fully equipped VW California Beach T5 to rent from February 2013. Whether you would like to test this „alternative way“ of travelling, or may you want to spend a great holiday: there is a fleet of 25 vehicles available, available to rent from our subsidies all over Germany. We also have some vehicles available at our firm headquarter in Riedlingen, south of Germany.

Happy camping!
MAXXCAMP

Back