Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Polycarbonate Headlights

P

pgsup

VIP Member
Hi all, whilst removing Eurolites Headlight adapters for driving in Europe and I have slightly damaged the polycarbonate ie light abrasions. Is there a way to polish these abrasions out without causing further damage.According to the VW dealer ,the only other option is to replace the headlight unit ie 200 pounds per unit.
The H4 headlights I have are not particularly good and on asking could I replace them with H7 ,was told this option is also not possible.
Thank you for any help
PG sup

Hi all, whilst removing Eurolites Headlight adapters for driving in Europe and I have slightly damaged the polycarbonate ie light abrasions. Is there a way to polish these abrasions out without causing further damage.According to the VW dealer ,the only other option is to replace the headlight unit ie 200 pounds per unit.
The H4 headlights I have are not particularly good and on asking could I replace them with H7 ,was told this option is also not possible.
Thank you for any help
PG sup
You can get polishing kits for headlights.
As far as fitting H7 headlights I'm afraid the Dealer is not being very truthful. There are after market H7 headlights that can be fitted.
One supplier, who can also fit is Travelinlite

Thank you all for you advice ,wil have to come to some decision.I am considering upgrading to LED LIGHTS,I am so pleased with my T6 Beach that I feels it’s worth it.Thanks once again. PG sup

You can get polishing kits for headlights.
As far as fitting H7 headlights I'm afraid the Dealer is not being very truthful. There are after market H7 headlights that can be fitted.
One supplier, who can also fit is Travelinlite

Be careful when selecting LED Headlights as some only have LED DRL's and Halogen dip & mainbeam. To be fully legal with LED Headlights they require auto levelling.
Have a close read on here as to LED bulbs being 'off road only'

Thank you all for you advice ,wil have to come to some decision.I am considering upgrading to LED LIGHTS,I am so pleased with my T6 Beach that I feels it’s worth it.Thanks once again. PG sup
Be careful when selecting LED Headlights as some only have LED DRL's and Halogen dip & mainbeam. To be fully legal with LED Headlights they require auto levelling.
Have a close read on here as to LED bulbs being 'off road only'

Thanks all once more can have an informed discussion with the VW DEALER.Your all so helpful and informed.

Thanks all once more can have an informed discussion with the VW DEALER.Your all so helpful and informed.
Your Dealer will not retrofit VW Full LED headlights. They might supply and fit VW H7 headlights but that will require some computer coding to get them working as the normal H7 headlights work. On the Ocean both dipped and main beam come on when Full Beam is selected. On the H4 headlights it is one or the other.
Hazzydayz can fit full LED headlights but at a cost.

Thanks once again, the devil is in the detail.My beach is still under warranty ,so I have assumed work done by non VW dealership will invalidate this warranty.

Thanks once again, the devil is in the detail.My beach is still under warranty ,so I have assumed work done by non VW dealership will invalidate this warranty.
Not with Hazzydayz. Genuine OEM parts and covered by their own and VW warranty. VW use them themselves if there has been a cockup on the options list, but only certain options can be retro fitted.

Back