Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach race this weekend. First weekend away in the Cali...…..

pjm-84

pjm-84

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Looking forward to it…. :)

Battle on the Beach? If so, I might see you there (tho I won't be in my Cali)

Racing the 3 ton Cali on the beach? You're asking for trouble :D

Enjoy!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BoB is great, only did it once but was 2nd in the Fat Bike National Champs, Pivot had me ride their Fat Les last minute, think I was top 30 in the race, hard work when the beach strech is a head wind

Yep I here at BOB. White Cali at "7pm" from the main arena. Right in the corner.

I will try to come and say hi if I see you. I'll be in an old white-ish Defender, and riding a Salsa Beargrease

Okay. Can't miss me. 3 dogs. 2boxers and a Frenchie. Just listen out for "Ted....Ted.....Ted..."

Race in the dark was an eye opener. Crashed a few times. One line down the beach. Carnage in the dunes.

Well I really enjoyed that...just under 2 hours in perfect biking weather. And good to meet you, pjm (and the pack!)...hope it went well for you

Told you I'm hard to miss. It went better than I thought. Late to the start saw me at the back so a run to start saw me lose my gels from the pockets. Felt strong and happy to have climbed the big hill on the second lap. Had a few crashes due in most part the inability to uncleat. In summary quick on the single track, poor in the sand. Decided to attack the entry to the beach on the last lap and went straight over the bars.

BoB is great, only did it once but was 2nd in the Fat Bike National Champs, Pivot had me ride their Fat Les last minute, think I was top 30 in the race, hard work when the beach strech is a head wind

That's impressive. Managed 396th place! Was hoping for top 3rd so a little disappointed. Back indoors. 3 snoring dogs.

You were about 6 mins (and 80 people!) ahead of me

Back