Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach: sleeping mat + EHU adapter

RoB5urf

RoB5urf

Beach with 2-seat bench
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hopefully picking up our Beach soon.....yay!

The brochure and forum checklist both mention a "lower bed with sleeping mat". Is a sleeping mat supplied? I thought not.

Also I'm sure I read somewhere on these forums that some kind of plug or adapter was provided related to the EHU. Needless to say I can't find it now. Should I expect something to be supplied along those lines?

Cheers

The brochure and forum checklist both mention a "lower bed with sleeping mat". Is a sleeping mat supplied? I thought not.

Also I'm sure I read somewhere on these forums that some kind of plug or adapter was provided related to the EHU. Needless to say I can't find it now. Should I expect something to be supplied along those lines?

The adapter I had with with the van is a European 2 pin to EHU.

Cheers

The adapter I had with my van is a European 2 pin to EHU.

Cheers

Mattress is standard. Look at the options on the Configurator. Hope this helps.

No sleeping mat supplied with mine. I bought an Ikea king size Talgje mattress topper for £75, it works perfectly adequately, and stows in a 10cm thick (when squished) triple zig-zag fold above the multiflex.
IMG_2427 (1).JPG IMG_2437 (1).JPG
European 2 pin socket adaptor, about 50cm long. I cannot think of many situations when it will be of adequate length for a direct hook up, but may be of some use as an adaptor to use with an extension lead.

Mattress is standard. Look at the options on the Configurator. Hope this helps.
From the configurator:
  • 2-seater bench/bed (2nd row), movable a. foldable into bed for two persons (L: 2.000 mm, W: 1.140 mm, with bed cushion)
  • 3-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism, multi-flex board with padding, 3 drawers
The 2 seat bench version may come with a sleeping mat: the 3 seat bench version only has padding for the multiflex.

The sleeping mat is just the pad on the multiflex I think. I believe they call the other option a comfort mattress?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks. It was what I was expecting re the sleeping mat, i.e. no full-size mat supplied, but I thought I'd check.

@Amarillo - that Ikea topper looks good - I've bookmarked it. Also your profile status still shows T6 Cali on order!

Cheers

So I picked up my new T6 beach today - absolutely fantastic. But I need a downstairs mattress. Stupidly I thought it came with one. So what do I do? Do VW supply one? Can't see it on their website. But I'm sure there was one in the demonstrator. Brandrup seems very expensive. Help please!!

So I picked up my new T6 beach today - absolutely fantastic. But I need a downstairs mattress. Stupidly I thought it came with one. So what do I do? Do VW supply one? Can't see it on their website. But I'm sure there was one in the demonstrator. Brandrup seems very expensive. Help please!!
Agreed. All the popular mattresses seem expensive to me.

We pick our Beach up on Friday and then almost immediately traveling down to Portland for the weekend so no time to experiment. We'll try "bare-back" first and then if necessary checkout cheaper mattress toppers from Ikea, Dunelm etc

Ours has a 2-seat bench which I've read is more comfortable to sleep on without a mattress than a 3-seat, but I suppose it's all subjective.

We pick our Beach up on Friday and then almost immediately traveling down to Portland for the weekend so no time to experiment. We'll try "bare-back" first and then if necessary checkout cheaper mattress toppers from Ikea, Dunelm etc
At about 12% of the price of a California specific topper, the Ikea toppers are good value for money. They don't offer much support on their own, but they do even out the lumps, bumps and crevasses of the seat and multiflex, and the seat below gives the support.

European 2 pin socket adaptor, about 50cm long. I cannot think of many situations when it will be of adequate length for a direct hook up, but may be of some use as an adaptor to use with an extension lead.
It is an adapter, something you may need on some of the smaller EU sites who have not yet updated their Mains Hookup Systems. Used mine 10 times in 2 years. Also useful to carry a Reverse Polarity Adapter if you intend using certain mains items on site that have metal external surfaces.

Back