Belfast International Airport Pick Up

Norfolk Jim

Norfolk Jim

Trying to retire but there's always one last job..
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Has anyone used the Drop Off - Pick Up lane at Befast Int Airport?

It says there is a restricted height barrier which appears to be 2.1m but how accurate is it?

We have my youngest sons wedding at Castle Leslie in 6 weeks. We're driving up to catch ferry across from Cairnryan to Larne and then across to pick up other son and his wife flying in from Stansted. It seems cheap enough to pick up as they'll have landed about 30 mins before we'd be arriving but this barrier concerns me??

I don’t know about that specific barrier. But in my experience parking all over Ireland, barrier height is accurate and always includes a good bit of margin. I went under countless 2m barriers without ever having any issues.

If the sign says 2.1m, it’s loads given that your van is 1.99m. And at the pickup point of Bekfast airport, you can be doubly-sure that you’ll go under just fine since any issue with the height would be discovered straight away given the amount of traffic that goes through there. No worries at all here.

I don’t know about that specific barrier. But in my experience parking all over Ireland, barrier height is accurate and always includes a good bit of margin. I went under countless 2m barriers without ever having any issues.

If the sign says 2.1m, it’s loads given that your van is 1.99m. And at the pickup point of Bekfast airport, you can be doubly-sure that you’ll go under just fine since any issue with the height would be discovered straight away given the amount of traffic that goes through there. No worries at all here.
Thank you. Mine is smidge over 1.99 as will have solar panel fitted by then but Roger says this is only minimal rise which is often below height of awning anyway so all's good. I was just concerned it wasn't one of these barriers that droops! Wouldn't look good turning up at Castle Leslie with nice dent in front!

Thank you. Mine is smidge over 1.99 as will have solar panel fitted by then but Roger says this is only minimal rise which is often below height of awning anyway so all's good. I was just concerned it wasn't one of these barriers that droops! Wouldn't look good turning up at Castle Leslie with nice dent in front!
They often droop towards the center. But in my experience, the height displayed is the lowest one so it’s still fine (I’ve actually fitted under 1.95m and even one 1.9m drooping barriers just fine by sticking left and going slow).

Has anyone used the Drop Off - Pick Up lane at Befast Int Airport?

It says there is a restricted height barrier which appears to be 2.1m but how accurate is it?

We have my youngest sons wedding at Castle Leslie in 6 weeks. We're driving up to catch ferry across from Cairnryan to Larne and then across to pick up other son and his wife flying in from Stansted. It seems cheap enough to pick up as they'll have landed about 30 mins before we'd be arriving but this barrier concerns me??
Used the Drop off - Pick up lane at Bfs Int this morning. No height barrier. No ticket required at entry, ANPR. £3 for 10 minutes. Coins in basket or card at exit barrier. Have a great trip.

Used the Drop off - Pick up lane at Bfs Int this morning. No height barrier. No ticket required at entry, ANPR. £3 for 10 minutes. Coins in basket or card at exit barrier. Have a great trip.
Fantastic - thank you. That's cheap compared to Stansted.