Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bellows Material - too thin

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but on a recent tour around the Normandy beaches and Seine valley woodlands, we were are often disturbed by the sound of running streams, waves breaking on the beach / rocks or amorous owls hooting at all hours during the night. The other morning we were woken by a noisy cuckoo that sounded like it was right above us in the woods. What do others do to 'mute out' the sounds of nature to get an undisturbed sleep - the standard bellows material just seems very thin - any ideas folks

I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but on a recent tour around the Normandy beaches and Seine valley woodlands, we were are often disturbed by the sound of running streams, waves breaking on the beach / rocks or amorous owls hooting at all hours during the night. The other morning we were woken by a noisy cuckoo that sounded like it was right above us in the woods. What do others do to 'mute out' the sounds of nature to get an undisturbed sleep - the standard bellows material just seems very thin - any ideas folks
Sleep downstairs with the roof closed or use decent earplugs or if old if enough to shut off your hearing aid. Hotels are often worse with noisy couples in the next room, ladies? walking around in high heels on tiled floors in the room above ETC.

These newer ‘wrap around’ roof toppers seem to do better for suppression of noise vs the old ‘hat’ type. That’s at least according to one videoed ‘test’ and some commentary here.

we were are often disturbed by the sound of running streams, waves breaking on the beach / rocks or amorous owls hooting at all hours during the night. The other morning we were woken by a noisy cuckoo that sounded like it was right above us in the woods.

That is what I love about being a way in the van.

Sleep downstairs with the roof closed or use decent earplugs or if old if enough to shut off your hearing aid. Hotels are often worse with noisy couples in the next room, ladies? walking around in high heels on tiled floors in the room above ETC.
Or slamming doors etc. etc.

I am assuming you are joking but if you do need to remove the sound of the wild get one of these, 'Cali Wrap' from the club shopIMG_0263.JPG

Its past April isn't it? I thought this was a wind up. that's what camping/ Vanning is about, as said sleep down stairs and pull the roof down then pop it up in the morning. I for one would rather listen to the above noises than barking dogs and winging screaming kids or traffic noise.

If you sleep upstairs its basically a tent.
Bottle of wine helps! ;)

Or three.

Although, I'm gonna shoot that ba%&/rd wood pigeon that keeps
following me around making it´s calling sound at 5:30 every morning.

Although, I'm gonna shoot that ba%&/rd wood pigeon that keeps
following me around making it´s calling sound at 5:30 every morning.

forget the wood pigeons wait until the deer start rutting next to your van

How about a shotgun! :thumb

Do it right you could have your dinner sorted :D

of course we love the sounds and smells of nature, seeking out wild camping spots at every opportunity - i would unzip the whole canvas if i could - i was just having fun and taking mickey out of some of the questions that get asked on this forum ......... just get out and have fun

of course we love the sounds and smells of nature, seeking out wild camping spots at every opportunity - i would unzip the whole canvas if i could - i was just having fun and taking mickey out of some of the questions that get asked on this forum ......... just get out and have fun

I posted something similar on another "camping type" forum.

After all the moans and whines about dogs and what they might leave behind I asked "why hasn't the club taken issue with foxes and Badgers that leave their excrement everywhere"...

120 replies in 2 days mostly to do with the rights and wrongs of fox hunting :sad

Back