Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Benfields/Lookers Newcastle - roof corrosion

billyhedge

billyhedge

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Has anybody had any experience of having the roof corrosion issues fixed by the above dealer? Good or bad experiences? Thanks in advance.

My roof repair was completed by them in 2015 and can say no issues in the quality of the repair (full replacement of the aluminium piece), they were a little slow on keeping me updated. They loaned me an equivalent California for the 14 days they had mine.

My 8 year old Cali has been recalled by VW for attention to roof corrosion. I have been contacted by Carrs in Exeter who say they will have the work done locally at a body shop and will take a week. Any advice please and what to look out for when I get it back before leaving Carrs premises? My son works in the motor trade and he has looked at the roof and says the edges have been resprayed previously so I'm guessing the vehicle has been recalled before perhaps under it's original VW warranty. Ironically there is very little sign of corrosion on the roof and a very small amount of bubbling on the front panel.

My 8 year old Cali has been recalled by VW for attention to roof corrosion. I have been contacted by Carrs in Exeter who say they will have the work done locally at a body shop and will take a week. Any advice please and what to look out for when I get it back before leaving Carrs premises? My son works in the motor trade and he has looked at the roof and says the edges have been resprayed previously so I'm guessing the vehicle has been recalled before perhaps under it's original VW warranty. Ironically there is very little sign of corrosion on the roof and a very small amount of bubbling on the front panel.
Mine was in for about 3 weeks with front panel work - not in Carrs. Communication tends to be poor with VW commercial dealers - my experience.