Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bertie

G

George/Jo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Have been following this thread for months, first post, we are first time Cali owners, ordered in November and subject to the same delay as most here, collected Bertie (the children’s choice) today from JCB Crawley. Heading home to North Norfolk tomorrow via Ikea for some kitchen items. We noted what others posted about collection and checked all worked at the dealer. Only worry that has occurred since is whether the tyres qualify for winter use in Europe. We are going to Austria in it next week, the wheels we ordered were supposed to come with all weather tyres but can’t see a snowflake mark on them. Very pleased so far though!

7B9FADC6-81D2-4B24-94B2-F5F8BDB65BA7.jpeg

Very nice. What tyres are fitted ?

Mike

Looks lovely, those 18" wheels are very very nice. We ordered all weather tyres on ours and have been given Goodyear 4 Season tyres (17" standard wheels). Will have a look later and see if they have the snowflake and mountains symbols on.

Oooo....nice and shiney! (mine needs a wash!!)
:welcome

Nice van (great colour).

As mentioned, 17’s are currently specced with Goodyear Cargo Vector 4 Seasons which have the 3PMS (three peak mountain snowflake) symbol on them and are legally winter tyres and also great for quagmire campsites like we are sat in now....

The resolution isn’t great, but are they Continentals on those 18’s ?

Sorry to say but if they are ContiSport Contact 5 tyres then they won't have a snowflake or the three peaks logo on them.

I think they need to be AllWeather Contacts ?

Summer tyre fitted. See below for a link to all Continental tyres
They also do a complete wheel/tyre package if you need to go that way in steel or alloy rims.
also you could just order up tyres to be swapped over locally.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-235-55-17-103/?m[9]=on

I had a look on the AA site & it said winter tyres required from 1st November until 15th April, guess you just fit into the winter tyre requirement zone.

Thanks for confirming. When I ordered (last October) I originally went for 17" wheels and specified all weather tyres specifically with next week's trip in mind, then changed to 18" but when I ordered these wheels came with all weather tyres according to the brochure (and I think configurator) which appears not to be the case now, so cancelled the previously ordered tyre upgrade (also confirmed with the dealer during order it would come with all weather tyres). Will be taking up with them on Tuesday. On the plus side we had a very nice cup of tea in it at Blakeney this afternoon in the rain, the auxiliary heater works very well after a wet walk!

Have been following this thread for months, first post, we are first time Cali owners, ordered in November and subject to the same delay as most here, collected Bertie (the children’s choice) today from JCB Crawley. Heading home to North Norfolk tomorrow via Ikea for some kitchen items. We noted what others posted about collection and checked all worked at the dealer. Only worry that has occurred since is whether the tyres qualify for winter use in Europe. We are going to Austria in it next week, the wheels we ordered were supposed to come with all weather tyres but can’t see a snowflake mark on them. Very pleased so far though!

View attachment 31503
Great looking Van. Not seen those alloys before, what are they called, keen to get a set priced up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

View attachment 31503

Bertie looks amazing !! Happy journeys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great, we got ours from JCB Crawley a few weeks ago...Welcome to the club, happy travels

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'd get some 17" steels and proper winter tyres now, and save those beauties for summer (unless the dealer offers £££s to resolve it another way)

Back