Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best Hampshire chill out spots?

L

Lanny

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you local to Hampshire could help me make a list of great picnic type spots?
Places where you can just park up (not in a cramped car park) and still be in/next to your campervan enjoying a good view with your brew. I fancy just driving out somewhere local and parking up for a spontaneous dinner , it doesn't have to be a place where you can camp. In fact I'd rather it wasn't for this list (I can google campsites). Just thought you might have some favourite spots you might like to share?
Thanks!

Hayling island beach, you can park up on the grass or pebbles and have a picnic next to the van whilst looking out to sea.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks Martin (sorry my post was in wrong place!) beaches we're quite familiar with.

We're in Fleet Johnyboy.

Calshot spit at the entrance to Southampton water & the Solent. Lots of parking (one at the far end is the most expensive) watch the ships / cruise liners leaving or returning. Windsurfers/kitesurfers off the beach. The old flying boat hanger at the end of the spit has climbing wall, banked cycling track and cafe/pub as well.
Farley mount just SW of Winchester isnt to bad either. Lots of carparks along the ridge with views over the woods. Often have a brew here after mountain biking.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...de8f3a83ed7!8m2!3d51.060764!4d-1.410456?hl=en

Ooh thanks they sound nice Owen, my husband loves mountain biking too so will check that spot out.

Many good free car parks in New Forest

Just over the border into Sussex, Shore Rd, Bosham, park up on the road over the water from village. Only room for a few cars and be aware of the road flooding at high tides.

Chawton Park Woods, Four Marks (if hubby likes biking we can show him some lovely hidden trails :))

Thanks everybody, looking forward to checking them out :thumb

Lymington or Milford on sea. Small car park next to the quay at lymington or larger one next to the sailing clubs. Out of season in Milford you can park on the road which leads to hurst spit.

I have just become a fan of The Pub With No Name

http://www.pubwithnoname.co.uk

Set in stunning countryside, great pub with 10 local ales, an excellent restaurant + a camping field (perhaps a good venue for a local Cali meet?).
If you decide to camp it costs £20 a night .....but they give you back £10 to spend on lunch or dinner in the pub.
I used it as a base for some biking this weekend and will definitely be back again
:)

Looks great. Bookmarked for future reference.
Food and biking is about all I require in life

Mike

Shhhh don't give away ALL the secrets :) noname bitter and they used to do a bar sausage

This looks excellent, I really wanted to visit the pub with a camping area by Monacute House (The Mason Arms) but it's a bit of a drive from us just for a 1 night out. This looks just the job and local to Selborne which is so lovely. Thanks so much I can't wait to try it out. :bananadance

Whilst the setting and pub is not 5* like the pub with no name, the Fox and Goose at Greywell offer camping (food not bad!) and you can walk along the canal to Odiham too

I saw that one whilst I was sat googling pubs with campsites (whole new world of research) last night. My husband now suspects I'm an alcoholic!