Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

best kitchen shelf

W

Waldo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Good morning,

I had a look at those kitchen shelfes, but decided for the "Smutje" from Felleisen.

The reaosn for this is that, even thought considerably shorter, it is higher for higher cups. There is enough room for coffee and tea preparation for 2x people.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Look at the Felleisen range.

They look really good and have good reviews. Bit pricey but offer a good option.

Hello,

I thought I had some photos of the Felleisen "Smutje" kitchen bag:

1618246053800.png

1618246181101.png

In the bag is almost everything we need for a coffee / tea break:

2x cups
1x sugar
1x tea bags
1x coffee
2x tea spoons

We only need to get the milk out of the fridge. I thought this would be more comfortable than have everything in the cupboard drawers.

I decided to go for Felleisen kitchen bag, because with other shelves there is the danger that something would be put onto the shelve which is higher, meaning when bringing down the bed there might be some damage (I hope this makes sense).

So far I am happy with the bag, have I said that we have not really used it because only from today we are allowed to travel at least in our county.

Happy California,
Eberhard

I can't find the kitchen shelf I had in mind. It's higher than https://shop.vwcamper.de/moebelzubehoer/303/cali-bord-ii-kuechenregal, has an elastic unlike https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-perspex-kitchen-shelf-in-light-grey, so you can see what's on it and take sth easily. It was not https://www.campervanshop.eu/camper-interieur/opbergen/goot-boven-keuken/ either, but that could be my number two. Who knows which one I'm overlooking?
Perhaps you mean the fancy one I made myself for 60 euro's ;-) It has an elastic on the front, although in this photo it's not yet attached...

You can find the model and dimensions on my blog here (English) or here (Dutch). Just send the model to an online supplier of aluminium and they send you the finished shelve. Doesn't get easier.

bak001.jpg

aflegplank1.jpg

FWIW, the one I was looking for was the Bulli Hackers one.

Here’s ours. From Calicap.de
I think they call it Caliboard?

941C6E22-268C-45AC-8D3C-08AB307941DC.jpeg

648FE7E2-C96B-4840-A9A4-2658E6144158.jpeg

Soo looking at this discussion has anyone purchased one of the above shelfs or are they being imported by any one in the uk ??
Ordered the twin set last week, should arrive soon. If I remember I’ll post some impressions once they arrive. I didn’t order the dividers (plan to use magnets instead) but did opt for the kitchen roll holder.

Ordered the twin set last week, should arrive soon. If I remember I’ll post some impressions once they arrive. I didn’t order the dividers (plan to use magnets instead) but did opt for the kitchen roll holder.
Where did you order them from please?

Did you ask them to deduct the vat as when they come in to the UK you will be charged again so paying double VAT

Did you ask them to deduct the vat as when they come in to the UK you will be charged again so paying double VAT

Good point! I’ve ordered from German suppliers before and they usually do this automatically at check out but I didn’t check on this order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point! I’ve ordered from German suppliers before and they usually do this automatically at check out but I didn’t check on this order

Hi wildslammer22 do you have an update for us ?? have they arrived yet

Been sat in DHL warehouse for a week On the plus side no customs bill yet….
I chased mine up and paid the bill before it was sent to me, so I've got a delivery coming tomorrow. Can't believe it has to sit in Basingstoke until you pay. My bill came to £133, but I presume that I can claim the VAT back via a HMRC BOR286 form. No shelf for me, but a few goodies

I chased mine up and paid the bill before it was sent to me, so I've got a delivery coming tomorrow. Can't believe it has to sit in Basingstoke until you pay. My bill came to £133, but I presume that I can claim the VAT back via a HMRC BOR286 form. No shelf for me, but a few goodies

The shelves arrived today, similar experience - it sat at Parcelforce for a week before they posted me the £92 bill!

Charges and delivery aside I’m really pleased with the shelves, super easy to fit and appear really well made. I used some 1mm self adhesive foam on the bottom and rear to try and keep rattles at bay. They will get a proper test at the weekend.

Hope you are similarly pleased with what you ordered? I had my eye on the under seat small drawer and the shoe box but I’ll wait & see if I can get the VAT back on the shelves first! Thanks for the tip.

Been sat in DHL warehouse for a week On the plus side no customs bill yet….

They arrived today, fit & finish is excellent. Extremely easy to fit (it took longer to unpack them from the box than it did to install!) and adds a lot of useable space. Being powder coated steel magnets adhere well making them even more versatile. Haven’t given them a full rattle test yet though!

I think I read that you have been stung for unexpected repairs to your Cali and may have to put off purchasing these? I’ll try and update if I have any success claiming the VAT back which will at least make the purchase a little less painful if you do decide to go ahead in the future.

Hi I do really like the look and fit of these shelves, and but for my recent repair would have purchased them them already.
I have again emailed the seller in Germany about deducting the German VAT before posting, however they don't seem to want to reply....PS let me know about t your vat claim..Thank you

Hi I do really like the look and fit of these shelves, and but for my recent repair would have purchased them them already.
I have again emailed the seller in Germany about deducting the German VAT before posting, however they don't seem to want to reply....PS let me know about t your vat claim..Thank you

Will do - they were pretty unresponsive to me too hence going down the UK claim route. Shame because they have some nice stuff in their catalogue

So the new shelving is now on its way to me , so i have been buying magnets of eBay...here are the results.

IMG_5831.jpeg