Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best Portable TV/DVD player with 240/12V

Ipad more use abroad than TV.

Amazon reviews are stating that the eyeTV digital tune is not working with IOS11 & that the manufacturer is not responding. Has anyone tried it with IOS11, or is there an alternative.

Just tested it. Not used for months and it’s perfect. On iOS 11.2.5

792a6f04582b30c49849fe0816b96a96.jpg

That’s my one. Tiny

Mike

Just tested it. Not used for months and it’s perfect. On iOS 11.2.5

792a6f04582b30c49849fe0816b96a96.jpg

That’s my one. Tiny

Mike
Thats huge compared to ours ! ours is about 1" square. Thats a standard iPhone/ipad connector on the end.

s-l640.jpg

Thats huge compared to ours ! ours is about 1" square. Thats a standard iPhone/ipad connector on the end.

s-l640.jpg

Yep yours is tiny.

Mine connects by wireless and has an optional extendable remote aerial as well as one on the side.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am looking to buy a small portable TV to keep in the van as we like playing DVD box sets on colder evenings and being able to watch the News on TV. I have been looking on Amazon and its getting a bit confusing with a lot of the cheaper ones being old models etc.

In our previous large Motorhomes we have had 18 & 16" Avtex which are brilliant but too big for the Cali. I am thinking of between 10" and 14" as ideal.

Any ideas suggestions appreciated.

"Why do you want TV" etc :)
I've recently purchased a Pioneer AVH-X2800BT Double Din DVD Screen Bluetooth USB Stereo Player. Forgot about having a separate tv, I use my iPhone as a tv link for the tv side, watch all your DVDs, hands free calling etc etc
It's double din, so should just slot in, mines a 2008 Cali

Thanks but I have a good 2017/18 factory head unit/sat nav and the TV would be for the living area as I have two boys.

I am looking to buy a small portable TV to keep in the van as we like playing DVD box sets on colder evenings and being able to watch the News on TV. I have been looking on Amazon and its getting a bit confusing with a lot of the cheaper ones being old models etc.

In our previous large Motorhomes we have had 18 & 16" Avtex which are brilliant but too big for the Cali. I am thinking of between 10" and 14" as ideal.

Any ideas suggestions appreciated.

PS: No need to post "Why do you want TV" etc :)
We went for a laptop which will also play dvds. has advantage of internet connection so can check emails and search for sites to stay at our favourite being park4night.com as it lists places to stay for free.

Yes I agree that's a good plan but our existing laptops are either too big or too small. (Edit) I have just realised my son is no longer using his chromebook and now with Virgin TV GO on it I have the same choice as home (and away with a VPN) :)

What’s a DVD?

Back