Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Betty Boo the Cali Ocean arrived last week

markheathcote

markheathcote

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello all, Just saying hi as we have just taken custody of Betty Boo, our 1 year old approved used Cali Ocean. I have a 4 motion on order but with ongoing delays I took the opportunity to buy BB off the dealership. Our adventures have started and when Hunter (the new one with our colour and spec) arrives we will say our goodbyes to BB. We will be adventuring with 2 cocker spaniels, a mixture of campsites, britstops and wild. I need to start planning our Ireland tour (my wife is Irish).

The first night we had a chance to go out in Betty Boo was the coldest night for ages - it dropped to minus one but we went anyway with our two dogs. If anyone is interested, we are starting a VLOG of our adventures... you can find our youtube channel here and here is the video of being out in minus one. Picture below showing ice on the van. We are experimenting with the channel, so any likes and follows would massively help.

We are so privileged to be able to own a campervan and look forward to contributing to this forum. We hope some of you will join us on our youtube adventures too.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I’ll take a guess that the first night out was last Wednesday?
We did our first night out then too after a Stereophonics gig. I remember thinking all a Campervantastic news is a comfy bed and a DIESEL HEATER. Hee hee.

I’ll take a guess that the first night out was last Wednesday?
We did our first night out then too after a Stereophonics gig. I remember thinking all a Campervantastic news is a comfy bed and a DIESEL HEATER. Hee hee.
I noticed it was very hot at floor level near the heater, less hot lying on the downstairs bed. Too hot on the floor for the dogs, hence four of us on the downstairs bed... Hmm..

Hello all, Just saying hi as we have just taken custody of Betty Boo, our 1 year old approved used Cali Ocean. I have a 4 motion on order but with ongoing delays I took the opportunity to buy BB off the dealership. Our adventures have started and when Hunter (the new one with our colour and spec) arrives we will say our goodbyes to BB. We will be adventuring with 2 cocker spaniels, a mixture of campsites, britstops and wild. I need to start planning our Ireland tour (my wife is Irish).

The first night we had a chance to go out in Betty Boo was the coldest night for ages - it dropped to minus one but we went anyway with our two dogs. If anyone is interested, we are starting a VLOG of our adventures... you can find our youtube channel here and here is the video of being out in minus one. Picture below showing ice on the van. We are experimenting with the channel, so any likes and follows would massively help.

We are so privileged to be able to own a campervan and look forward to contributing to this forum. We hope some of you will join us on our youtube adventures too.

View attachment 91373

View attachment 91374
Great van with a great name....our wire haired fox terrier is called Betty Boo!! Xx

Awesome, however Betty Boo was traded in and Hunter replaced her. We are still very affectionate towards her, and she was recently sold on to a new home by Matt at SMG Tonbridge. I asked if he told them her name, her youtube appearances and that I wrote a song about her, but he said he didn't as he wanted them to buy her.
So, the new owners don't know her name or her fame. Poor BB. She is really identified by the beige colour and the black side stripe decals with a large compass symbol. I think he said she went to Bromley area...

New owners, are you there?

Back