Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bicycle dock for VW Grand California

N

nuno ribeiro

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello
I only see support bicycle for 2 bikes, anyone knows if exist for 3 bikes?

Hello
I only see support bicycle for 2 bikes, anyone knows if exist for 3 bikes?
If you mean VW GC bike rack for some reason they only advertise x2 however they are not available as yet. Not in production. But Thule do one.

[QUOTE = "Adeybruce, viesti: 404619, jäsen: 18781"]
Tilasin pyörätelineen omallani, mutta se ei koskaan saapunut. Odotin kuukausia vihdoinkin hyvityksen saamiseksi.
Seurani mukaan VW-teline toimittaa Thulessa.
https://www.thule.com/en-ch/van-accessories/bike-racks/thule-elite-van-xt-vw-crafter-_-302018
[/LAINATA]

Hi! Greetings from Finland!
we just saw our GC600 at the dealer and it was without bike carrier :( We ordered that, and it was really important option because of our hobby. Do you mean that VW wouldn't deliver those carriers at all anymore, or is it just a matter of time?

Hi the Thule is the only option as VW DO NOT supply it even though it is on the options list. I am guessing it is to do with overloading the 600 3500kg version.

I amended my order to the 3880kg with towbar for the same reason. Ie no bike carrier arrived. Poor from VW

As I understand, the Thule XT rack that VW sells with the van is not actually being supplied. The reason I was given is that VW has not yet approved its use on the van. You can though go out and buy it from a Thule supplier.
I’ve just seen that Fiamma also has a rack. Rather than mounting on the door, it connects to the hinges. This makes it a lot lower, therefore easier to mount bikes, it can also take 3 bikes with a 50 kg weight limit (rather than 35)

As I understand, the Thule XT rack that VW sells with the van is not actually being supplied. The reason I was given is that VW has not yet approved its use on the van. You can though go out and buy it from a Thule supplier.
I’ve just seen that Fiamma also has a rack. Rather than mounting on the door, it connects to the hinges. This makes it a lot lower, therefore easier to mount bikes, it can also take 3 bikes with a 50 kg weight limit (rather than 35)
As I understand it, the Fiamma is only for doors that do not have the 270 degree opening, which the Grand California does have.

The Thule, incredibly, is glued on!
Neither of these seem ideal.

I didn't fancy the glued on rack (supplied for crafter) and gone for the towbar & 3 bike detachable rack on my 680. Also, can fit bikes into the garage under bed if you take wheels off / using a barbeque cover over bike to protect the van

Hi the Thule is the only option as VW DO NOT supply it even though it is on the options list. I am guessing it is to do with overloading the 600 3500kg version.

I amended my order to the 3880kg with towbar for the same reason. Ie no bike carrier arrived. Poor from VW
We have bought a 600 with tow bar 3800 ton. We just went to fit our Thule Easy Fold XT onto it but it does not fit. Any suggestions please thanks

We have bought a 600 with tow bar 3800 ton. We just went to fit our Thule Easy Fold XT onto it but it does not fit. Any suggestions please thanks
Ok why does it not fit?

Does not fit because clearance between base of tow bar and bottom of tow ball only 6.8 cm but (not mentioned on Thule website), it must be at least 7.3cm... will have to send rack back... but does anyone know of a rack that does fit?

Does not fit because clearance between base of tow bar and bottom of tow ball only 6.8 cm but (not mentioned on Thule website), it must be at least 7.3cm... will have to send rack back... but does anyone know of a rack that does fit?
Sorry not sure what you mean. I use a similar rack ie the Thule VeloCompact 2 7-pin and that fits ok and unable to see much difference between your current Thule and mine. Are you able to explain a little more please.

Thanks.

As I understand it, the Fiamma is only for doors that do not have the 270 degree opening, which the Grand California does have.

The Thule, incredibly, is glued on!
Neither of these seem ideal.
Si,está pegado y también sujeto por pletina que abraza la puerta.

84151DBF-9AB5-4C32-89A9-0F330B11A87A.jpeg

0E5456AA-2145-4511-B05D-8DC423092DD6.jpeg

Back