Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bicycle cover for T5 California

bverduijn

bverduijn

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all

I recently became the proud owner of a 2015 California - absolutely love it!

Slowly buying up additional 'essentials', but I cannot seem to find a bicycle cover that will properly fit the VW bike rack ? What are other people using? Any recommendations? Going on a trip round Scotland later this week, so would ideally get something in the next few days to protect the bikes...

Thanks
Bjorn

We have just completed a two week tour of Scotland, Oban/Mull/Skye/Aviemore, with 4 bikes on the back. Didn't bother trying to cover them as they are so high you'd need a step ladder to get the cover on.
The best thing you can do is buy a good chain and padlock, put it through the frames on the rack and then when you take them off (if you're not using them). I used my old motorcycle chain and padlock, Abus brand, plus took a U lock too.
Tip for loading is practice before you go and have a order to loading. Also I found removing the inside pedal on the first bike and turning handle bar 90°, this way the rear wiper wasn't obstructed and if you raised the roof before unloading the bars didn't catch the roof.
I'll try to load a picture later so you can see.

Hope these help.
Enjoy your trip, hopefully it'll be drier than ours was.

SAM_7787.jpg

SAM_7684.jpg

thanks for the response - I have decided to get a cheap cover for when the bikes are off the van - hopefully this will be good enough to protect them. Cheers

Back