Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack wheel straps

G

ger

Hi,

Anyone know whether it's possible to buy replacement black plastic wheel straps (not sure what the technical word for them is!) for the VW bike rack on my 2016 Beach T6?
This would be the black plastic mount that slides onto the rail _and_ the strap that goes through the wheel.

Thanks!

These look a lot lik ethe ones I have on my T5 bike rack. https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...tailgate-bike-rack-wheel-securing-straps-x2/#

Thanks - I can only assume these obliterated URLs refer to an 'alternative' provider of Cali bits ;-)

This is the part I'm after - appears to be identical to the one on the Thule WanderWay, and the spares for that are elusive too....!
View attachment 66640
Have you asked your dealer?

You have the so-called Quasi style bike rack. The Kylie bike rack uses ordinary straps as posted above.

Try ringing the club shop they can get them I’m sure

Thanks - I can only assume these obliterated URLs refer to an 'alternative' provider of Cali bits ;-)

This is the part I'm after - appears to be identical to the one on the Thule WanderWay, and the spares for that are elusive too....!
View attachment 66640
Did anyone have any luck finding these .. the club shop does not do them

From what I can see they're in the Thule spares catalogue as parts 1500054299 and 1500054300, for their Wanderway rack. They certainly look identical! Thule won't supply them direct (asked already), so you have to find a friendly stockist to do it.

Ebay looks to have those - search for Thule bike wheel holder

Don't buy the branded items. Loads on ebay. Are much too long but you can cut shorter and heat seal the cut material.

6x for only £6.99...….bargain!!

Here is a supplier who has added the parts on this page so you can order them

Reactions: ger
I guess you can’t easily update the T5 rack with the T6 wheel holders?

I guess you can’t easily update the T5 rack with the T6 wheel holders?
Can I ask what you mean, I ordered these parts for the t6 rack, will they not fit ?

I mean for my own van. I’d love to get rid of the fabric straps in favour of the newer wheel chock design. But I guess that the rail itself is different on the T6?

Don't buy the branded items. Loads on ebay. Are much too long but you can cut shorter and heat seal the cut material.

6x for only £6.99...….bargain!!
Those are definitely not the right parts for the t6 rack though!!!