Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 EU

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I came across this new head unit from Blaupunkt, and wondered if anybody has any experience of it. It is clearly designed with a strikingly similar appearance to the OEM head units, but at a fraction of the price... something like 750 Euro's with all the bells and whistles, A2DP bluetooth, Satnav, DAB+, Dashboard and MFSW compatibility, the list is endless!!

this looks to be only a 'world outside europe' model, .. thoughts?

johnv said:
this looks to be only a 'world outside europe' model, .. thoughts?

Not sure what you mean - it appears to be a EU model based on the product number and the fact it has European maps installed.

If it is available in the UK May be another thing.

One thing to watch is that it is Dab Ready (i.e. it will only get DAB if you get another external box)

Looks like a good alternative to the Kenwood though - it has similar benefits of having industry standard maps and Bluetooth - so you are not waiting for updated from VAG.

Looks more VW ish was well :)

I bought a 2nd hand RNS510, but if this had been around at the time I would have been very tempted.

T

Just done some more googling and you can get it in the UK

£999 with the optional DAB box, so pretty much head to head with the Kenwood.

http://www.blaupunktdirect.co.uk/car-au ... cific.html

I have used Blaupunkt Direct in the past when I purchased a head unit with external DAB unit - that was years ago - why is DAB not standard yet!!! Clearly radio manufacturers don't like the cricket!

T

thanks just found that as well, have emailed them to see if they have stock .. it seems that it comes with the DAB module but it's not built in, looks pretty good though.

Back