Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boot cushion cover removal for cleaning.

J

Jontyb

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi, I’m looking for instruction on how to remove the original T5 Cali boot cushion cover for cleaning. This is the single cushion that sits on the wooden shelf. It looks to have a zip but I cannot see how to open it as I assume the toggle is in the inside. It’s a 2010 model so may be just stuck? Any other advice on washing these also appreciated. Thanks.

Assuming it’s the same as the T5.1, then yes it is just and inside-out zip. Just use your fingernail to prise the zipper open a couple of inches (it will be tucked in at one end of the zip) then you should should be able to get your fingers inside to pull the toggle as normal. Reverse for refitting. Just need a bit of patience!

I can’t help with washing advice I’m afraid as I’ve never done it. (I only removed the cover off the roof mattress to replace the foam).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wash it at 40 degrees no higher and you will be fine

Hi, I’m looking for instruction on how to remove the original T5 Cali boot cushion cover for cleaning. This is the single cushion that sits on the wooden shelf. It looks to have a zip but I cannot see how to open it as I assume the toggle is in the inside. It’s a 2010 model so may be just stuck? Any other advice on washing these also appreciated. Thanks.

I wonder if a Dry Cleaning store would be able to steam-clean it without taking the foam out? I'm sure they must be commissioned to clean foam cushions on occasion. Might be worth asking, and I'd love to know if it works!

Back