Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can I wash the parcel shelf cushion cover?

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Has anybody tried washing the cover from the parcel shelf cushion / mattress? It has a concealed zip so comes off easily enough but there is no washing label. I was going to throw it in the washing machine on a short cool wash - but Mrs DM reckons that no label means it cannot be machine washed and that I will regret it if I try.

Yes we have done this a few times. Remove the foam before placing in washing machine though.

The same question was asked by another here about 1 week ago. Look for message re water stains.

Reactions: DM
Help!
is this the Mattress cover ? I really want to wash ours.. Are you saying it is fine to wash on a 30 degree cotton cycle ? Why not synthetics?, apologies again here for the obvious lack of skills.

Hello all

Can anyone tell me if they have successfully put the VW mattress cover through the washing machine?
I have a 2 seat beach with a 3 piece folding mattress that covers the whole of the back of the van downstairs

Any experience gladly received!

I’ve washed ours a couple of times at 30 degrees synthetic to be on the safe side. Treat any stains with stain remover beforehand.

I washed the mattress cover of the bed upstairs in the w/m, gentle cycle , no issues

Thanks DM... Nervous first timer here !

Thank you Calimili I'm just a little nervous as it's the first time!

Never washed mine but then I have a waterproof wipe clean cover on mine. ;)

I have washed mine (all 3) once by hand.
I have machine washed my rear seat fabric yesterday. 30°C.

All of ours too and bottom went through a machine wash ok including our extra mattress cover. First thing we did when we got our California. However be prepared for a struggle getting them back on the foam mattress! It's a tough job and my arms were aching afterwards!

Top and bottom that should say. How do I edit posted messages?!

Just washed my parcel shelf cover on 30deg synthetic setting with 600rpm spin. Followed by natural drying on a rack. All stains removed and it’s gone back onto the foam without difficulty and looks good as new. Comfortz waterproof cover now happily in place too!

Back