Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brand new Fiamma F45s awning not winding in fully

T

Tim Clement

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Afternoon - first time poster so be gentle with me!
We have had our California for 4 years and put a new fiamma awning in this weekend. When it is wound away it looks,at the end nearest the tailgate, like it isn’t fully relocating in to the cassette housing, and if you give it a push there is some give. I have wound it out fully and back in again and the legs are all in the correct position. 47250
Is this what is should look like or do I have an issue with the awning? And help would be great. Thanks

Oh ok - that looks like ours does. Is it the same at both ends? It will save a great deal of bother if it is ok as we are off soon! Thank you
I did speak to Agent Fiamma and they thought it should be right back in and it can be a tensioning issue which could crop up in one which has been used quite a bit.

Mines 3 years old, I've never noticed the gap so have no idea if it's always been like that. Bottom line is that it has never opened at all when travelling so never been a problem.

This is it from the front

IMG_1059.JPG

Just FYI I went back to where we got it from today and they said it should be wound right back in to the cassette and there might be an issue with the bracket at the back which isn’t proud enough of the van, so the cassette is pulled more on to the van, so the awning can’t roll back in to it fully. They are getting in to Fiamma about it, so watch this space....

Back