Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Carpet for passenger compartment

J

John Pearce

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Have just taken delivery of a new carpet (2 Rails). Problem is : cannot slide / force the carpet underneath the rear bench / drawer. Lifting the drawer slightly helps a bit but it still won't go far enough back. Any ideas please? Thanks

I had same issue when I bought this carpet, at time of ordering did not realise it went under bench seat, real PITA to fit. There is a small roller on the bottom of the draw, you need to get carpet under, lifting drawer helps, from memory a second pair of hands helped and perseverance.

Have just taken delivery of a new carpet (2 Rails). Problem is : cannot slide / force the carpet underneath the rear bench / drawer. Lifting the drawer slightly helps a bit but it still won't go far enough back. Any ideas please? Thanks
The following worked for me. Move bench forward a few inches. Lay carpet upto bench seat . Pull bench seat lever upwards and have 2nd person, via the boot, pull the seat back towards them at the same time. This will lift the front of the seat upwards . Slid in carpet. Worked for me.

If you push the carpet under the drawer as far as you can, open the drawer over the carpet and then push the carpet/drawer together theres much less resistance.

thanks for the comment. I specifically bought the Brandrup one as I had read that 'the bench / drawer runs easily over the carpet once fitted'.
See the similar thread from June 2021. It suggests removing the tool-kit and opening the drawer, then it (the carpet) can be pulled through from the back side.
Also, someone else managed it by tilting the front end of the bench upwards about 1 inch; this lifted the roller and allowed the carpet through (2 people required).
Suggest Brandrup include instructions (in English) with some of their products. Bit fed up with crawling through u tube for a helpful clip!
Will grab a willing neighbour for another go at this!

Back