Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup fitted carpet

Taf Powell

Taf Powell

Wandering Dood
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello friends. I recently bought a Brandrup fitted carpet for my new Cali Ocean (2 slide rails). I fitted it quite precisely with the gripper bar etc; I removed the toolbox to ensure it lay smoothly under the bench seat and ensured the rails were completely clear. The under-seat drawer slid in and out smoothly over the carpet. All looked good - Brandrup could lower their prices, but they do make nice stuff.

Anyhoo, on my first trip with my new carpet, and after a long, pleasant evening it was time for me (and Molly the doodle) to turn in. But the seat wouldn't budge. Not a centimetre. I gave up when it felt I was putting my back out and ripped up the carpet and dumped it in the store tent. I then made out the bed just fine. The carpet is rolled up and sits in my kit store.

Has anyone had this experience? If you discovered the snag and the remedy, please fill me in. (BTW I messaged Brandrup about this and await their reply)

Thanks!

Hello friends. I recently bought a Brandrup fitted carpet for my new Cali Ocean (2 slide rails). I fitted it quite precisely with the gripper bar etc; I removed the toolbox to ensure it lay smoothly under the bench seat and ensured the rails were completely clear. The under-seat drawer slid in and out smoothly over the carpet. All looked good - Brandrup could lower their prices, but they do make nice stuff.

Anyhoo, on my first trip with my new carpet, and after a long, pleasant evening it was time for me (and Molly the doodle) to turn in. But the seat wouldn't budge. Not a centimetre. I gave up when it felt I was putting my back out and ripped up the carpet and dumped it in the store tent. I then made out the bed just fine. The carpet is rolled up and sits in my kit store.

Has anyone had this experience? If you discovered the snag and the remedy, please fill me in. (BTW I messaged Brandrup about this and await their reply)

Thanks!
It must be fouling one or both runners where it butts up against the boot carpet if you have one that is. Its fouling somewhere. The bed should slide even with the tool box fitted. Put it back in (the carpet) get in with a torch, also open the drawer then try to slide the bed just to see if it moves.

Hi, we also have 2 floors rails and have the Brandrup carpet straight on top of the standard plastic flooring on our 2016 model.
The carpets came 2nd hand and for the first week or two I remember there were a few times when the folds from packaging the carpets to post seemed to stick under the seat, but now all is fine and the seat slides over the carpet without a problem.
I think there may also be a roller under the seat in about the middle as we seem to have a slight roller-style imprint in the carpet front to back in the middle, worth checking underneath as @Sandyvan suggests.

Hi, we also have 2 floors rails and have the Brandrup carpet straight on top of the standard plastic flooring on our 2016 model.
The carpets came 2nd hand and for the first week or two I remember there were a few times when the folds from packaging the carpets to post seemed to stick under the seat, but now all is fine and the seat slides over the carpet without a problem.
I think there may also be a roller under the seat in about the middle as we seem to have a slight roller-style imprint in the carpet front to back in the middle, worth checking underneath as @Sandyvan suggests.

The imprint in about the midlle comes from a roller under the drawer ....;)

The imprint in about the midlle comes from a roller under the drawer ....;)
It should be less of an imprint on the two rail setup, ours runs on top of the third rail so in effect squashing the carpet between the roller and the raised rail.

Thank you friends. When it stops raining next week i shall go again!

Thank you friends. When it stops raining next week i shall go again!
Like any new carpet the Tuft will settle with use. Just check there is nothing caught under the pull out draw, pull draw out and look from the back and maybe leave the Toolbox off for a while, just leave it in the boot.
I leave my toolbox off anyway leaving it stored just inside the boot so I can get to the detachable Tow Hitch easily.