Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup ISO-TOP Extreme for Volkswagen T4 California Coach

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi everyone, has anyone tried the Brandrup ISO-TOP Extreme in their T4? I'm thinking about getting some form of insulation for the pitch roof and I'm not sure if the external type of iso topper is suitable. I'm mostly concerned that the exterior isotop would be a handful to put away when wet???
This one looks tidier and it may be possible to close the roof with it in place.
Any tips or advice would be great.
mahag-shop-100701001-Iso-Top-Extrem-VW-T4.jpg
Regards Padraic.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, has anyone tried the Brandrup ISO-TOP Extreme in their T4? I'm thinking about getting some for of insulation for the pitch roof and I'm not sure if the external type is suitable. I'm mostly concerned that the exterior one would be a handful to put away when wet???
This one looks tidier and it may be possible to close the roof with it in place.
View attachment 31973
Regards Padraic.
Are you able to put the roof up at home to dry the canvas?

Are you able to put the roof up at home to dry the canvas?
Yes can do. I'm more concerend that if I buy an external cali topper that it would be a pain in the ass to put away when its wet.

Yes can do. I'm more concerend that if I buy an external cali topper that it would be a pain in the ass to put away when its wet.
Personally not had a problem with my Comfortz one. Shake it and stuff in it’s waterproof bag. Dry it at home if necessary.
I cannot understand, with an internal Topper, what happens to any water that wicks through the canvas when it is raining. How long does that take to dry out?

I must admit I am holding out for a ISOTOP for my T5 for the same reasons, I know the T5 one stays in place and the roof is closed with it there.

I have watched a couple of folks taking the external ones down in the wet and didn't envy them but thats no different to any awning or external setup. Both solutions are effective at doing the job, the external are certainly more attractively priced.

Likewise I wonder the same as WG what happens to moisture etc but for me its simpler to pop the roof to air it when you get to your next destination and it doesn't need any extra hanging space that way.

Hi everyone, has anyone tried the Brandrup ISO-TOP Extreme in their T4? I'm thinking about getting some form of insulation for the pitch roof and I'm not sure if the external type of iso topper is suitable. I'm mostly concerned that the exterior isotop would be a handful to put away when wet???
View attachment 31973
Regards Padraic.

I pondered the idea of one of these for a while and decided that €429 buys a lot of diesel to to run the heater to keep things comfortable on the coldest nights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I pondered the idea of one of these for a while and decided that €429 buys a lot of diesel to to run the heater to keep things comfortable on the coldest nights.

The heater keeps you warm, but doesn't stop the moisture wicking through the roof canvas if you lean against it.

The heater keeps you warm, but doesn't stop the moisture wicking through the roof canvas if you lean against it.

True enough but it takes quite a bit of leaning to get the canvas to wick through even in the most severe of Scottish rain storms.

Back