Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup side awnings

Hello

My wife and I are having the same conversation at this moment in time but maybe starting with the front (wall) panel first to see how we go. They are pricey but we think it would stand the test of time like all Brandrup products. We do have a concern about space required to peg at an angle for wind deflection. The pitch we were on last week at Chatsworth House cc site certainly didn't have the space even on a white peg pitch !!!

Hi Guys,

I think you will find many people on here using the Brandrup panels, they are compact to store, quick to use and look very smart, but are pricey.

I bought mine on eBay, but they don't come up very often!

Thanks

James

Not Brandrup but California Camping Germany, very useful indeed.

This one was before they started doing them as a standard product and we had it made to match the Mutze. We've had these for many years now and use them all the time.

Also had front and rear panels made, only the rear ones fitted in this picture. This was a weekend of torrental rain at Tredager House - Cardiff back on 2011.

I tend to line it up with the awning tie downs and leave the pegs in the ground when we move the van. As such it takes only seconds to attatch or detatch.

I'd recommend either these or the Brandrup ones... very useful for increasing space in dodgy weather.

SAM_0165.JPG

Hi, we took ages choosing what side panels to buy, the best thing is to go to a meet and see all of them in action.

At COTF last year Nick had all his on display and they are much cheaper than both Brandrup and the German ones and do exactly the same job, we ended up going for the three sides and one has a door in it which gives complete privacy if needed.

Nick is a top bloke with excellent customer care ( No, I am not on commission :)

We had a Brandrup one for our Beach and I've bought a pair for our SE.
One of my favorite accessories, very quick and easy to put on for instant shade, windbreak or privacy. We always used Omnistor Straps on the awning too (as per pic)
Very expensive for what they are. I'd like a front wall one when one pops up cheaply.

IMG_9149_zps889bdb2d.jpg

+1 for Comfortz side panels I bought mine before he added the skirt
But for the price can't be beaten I use them all the time and store them in the tailgate with the chairs:thumb

keep an eye out on ebay as there's been at least 2 sets sold in the past few weeks but they go for a lot of money 200 ish for a pair. If you factor in buying the front one to make a full set at near full Brandrup price you may as well buy a full new set from Comfortz. At least that's what I am looking at.

Ian

Thanks for all the replies, very useful....do Comfortz do a similar thing, I can only find a side tent type thing?

Nick does individual sides or a full set give him a ring he is a nice chap
He will also guarantee them for a year

Cheaper than both Brandrup and the German ones and do exactly the same job :)

Thoroughly recommend Comfortz gear.

Do they now do awning sides like the Brandrup/California Camping ones that are long enough to be pegged out at an angle? We've found this vastly increases the interior space and stops it feeling a little cramped when having them vertical.

Ours effectively doubles the floor space and allows things to be stored well out of the way.

If so, then excellent.

All depends upon what you want though.

I've seen quite a few home made versions to, they are afterall just flat panels. One of the guys made a full set from sail cloth... total cost about £35!!! And his time of course. ;)

Rgds
Mark