Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Breakdown/insurance cover Ireland north and south.

I

Iggy_in_his_coast

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi all. Seeking advice from anyone who lives in Northern Ireland on how they manage insurance and/or breakdown cover for Southern Ireland. I live in N Ireland and wondering if I should be looking at European Cover? thanks

When I lived in Fermanagh, I regularly travelled all over the island. The usual England based insurance companies nearly always required a green card for travelling over the border each time you went. Such a pain.

So I used Allianz and Axa for both my work and private vehicle, they have (or had) offices based in Belfast and gave Republic cover as standard.

Can’t help with breakdown cover though, both my vehicles were covered by the manufacturer warranty with European breakdown included.

Still miss Northern Ireland, such a beautiful friendly place. Loved my 10 years there.

When I lived in Fermanagh, I regularly travelled all over the island. The usual England based insurance companies nearly always required a green card for travelling over the border each time you went. Such a pain.

So I used Allianz and Axa for both my work and private vehicle, they have (or had) offices based in Belfast and gave Republic cover as standard.

Can’t help with breakdown cover though, both my vehicles were covered by the manufacturer warranty with European breakdown included.

Still miss Northern Ireland, such a beautiful friendly place. Loved my 10 years there.
Thanks for the reply and greetings from Enniskillen

Thanks for the reply and greetings from Enniskillen
Thats where we lived until 2012 - Portora Wharf. The guy who lived in the apartment below us ran the Kestrel boat - Tony I think his name was. Mrs Justinitus worked in The Graan. Still have many friends dotted around. Lovely place to live.

Back