Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bristol LEZ

Azteccamper

Azteccamper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Spent a couple of cracking days at Baltic Wharf. Now closing on the 16th Dec. 2022 - such a shame it’s a great spot. Word of warning though - Bristol LEZ is now in operation. My 2012 Cali was £9 per day.

The Bristol LEZ came into operation at 1 min past midnight on Monday morning 28th Nov.

The Cabot Circus multistory carpark at the bottom of the M32/Newfoundland Circus is in the LE zone. But if you turn immediately left at the traffic lights onto Houlton Street the council has made an exit into an entrance/exit that is outside the LEZ.

The only downside is you will have to turn right on exiting that way to avoid the LEZ and navigate your way back onto the M32 further up when heading home.

Alan

Spent a couple of cracking days at Baltic Wharf. Now closing on the 16th Dec. 2022 - such a shame it’s a great spot. Word of warning though - Bristol LEZ is now in operation. My 2012 Cali was £9 per day.
Interesting. I live in Bristol and when I put my registration into the vehicle checker my Cali comes up as no charge?
My other vehicle, a Jaguar 3L XF does incur a charge.
Have you been charged £9?

Interesting. I live in Bristol and when I put my registration into the vehicle checker my Cali comes up as no charge?
My other vehicle, a Jaguar 3L XF does incur a charge.
Have you been charged £9?
I put my details in and it came up as £9 charge. My mates 2016 Cali no charge

I put my details in and it came up as £9 charge. My mates 2016 Cali no charge
That's the difference between having a Euro 5 or a Euro 6 engine.

Alan

That's the difference between having a Euro 5 or a Euro 6 engine.

Alan
Or not, as my Euro 5 is exempt.

I think the .gov.U.K. website checker has an incorrect database. Not complaining mind you.

If it’s anything like the proposed charges in Greater Manchester, they apply to goods vehicles, not private cars. So I guess it depends on how the Cali is registered over the years. If I recall, some are goods vehicles and other private cars.

Or not, as my Euro 5 is exempt.

I think the .gov.U.K. website checker has an incorrect database. Not complaining mind you.
Just checked my old 2010 T5.1 180ps Cali and it would be charged £9.00 now in the Bristol CAZ. Charges relate to emissions so maybe different-sized engines come into it?

Or it comes down to the data submitted by the dealer upon original registration. That can often have omissions or errors.

Alan

Back