Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bull i' th' Thorn near Flagg Derbyshire

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Grey Cali (looked like grey anyway) with bellows up spotted 30 minutes ago from A515 at Bull i' th' Thorn pub campsite.

Have a great evening.

Hope you had a good stay, although I suspect the A515 was a little noisy.

We live "just around the corner" in Over Haddon, and I can recommend Park House Campsite, Monsal Head, it's quiet and the guy does not overcrowd it. Two pubs within 5 minutes walk (The Stables at Monsal, and the Packhorse in Little Longstone.

Stayed there on Saturday night with my youngest daughter, and can really recommend it.

We had a great weekend,the A515 was not as noisy as the wind was.

We took the bikes and kids onto the high peak trail.Loved the trail,was thinking of the royal oak campsite next time,it did'nt seem as windy down there.

Is the park house campsite near the trail?

We stayed at the Royal Oak, Hurdlow site a couple of weeks ago as part of a school charity event, and really enjoyed it. The pub is great, and the site is good although the top field is on a big slope.

I'm pretty sure you can access the Monsal Trail from near Monsal Head from a footpath which leads down to the Viaduct.

Once on the trail it's fantastic and goes through several old railway tunnels (very atmospheric) which were re-opened recently. You can now cycle from Bakewell to Wyedale uninterrupted on the trail with some brilliant views along the way.

Thanks for the info,we are of to Whitby for our next trip away at the end of the month.
Park house campsite is then our next trip.

We have just ordered a new awning from jeff Bowen today, he gave us a great deal thanks again to the Cali owners club...

We're in Whitby tonight. Right on the cliffs about half a mile from the Abbey (Whitby Holiday park, Saltwick Bay) nice and quiet. Seems well organised. Not sure how good it would be when the place is full!

Back