Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Clayton wheels vs T6 van Clayton's

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I often see sets of 16" Claytons for sale at a very good price but they are from a T6 van.

My Beach has 16" Clayton with 215/65R16 tyres fitted where some of the van wheels I see have 205/65R16 fitted.

Are these the same rim or are some of the vans supplied with slightly narrower rims? I had assumed they are the same (just with a different tyre fitted) but now I'm not sure.

I often see sets of 16" Claytons for sale at a very good price but they are from a T6 van.

My Beach has 16" Clayton with 215/65R16 tyres fitted where some of the van wheels I see have 205/65R16 fitted.

Are these the same rim or are some of the vans supplied with slightly narrower rims? I had assumed they are the same (just with a different tyre fitted) but now I'm not sure.
Same rim, different tyre.

Cheers, as I hoped :)

Nice cheap option for winter wheels.

Wonder why they put the 215 on the Cali, can't imagine 205 would make much difference to the roadholding.

Cheers, as I hoped :)

Nice cheap option for winter wheels.

Wonder why they put the 215 on the Cali, can't imagine 205 would make much difference to the roadholding.
Commercial vehicles - longer tyre life whereas California owners want that plus comfort?

Picked up some wheels yesterday, £200 for mint Clayton's and tyres that have only done 7k miles, almost cheaper than buying two tyres (albeit in 205 width but they are valid for the vehicle).

At some point I can put some winter tyres on them if we want to go to the Alps etc out of season.

Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to store a spare set of wheels :)

Picked up some wheels yesterday, £200 for mint Clayton's and tyres that have only done 7k miles, almost cheaper than buying two tyres (albeit in 205 width but they are valid for the vehicle).

At some point I can put some winter tyres on them if we want to go to the Alps etc out of season.

Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to store a spare set of wheels :)
They should be slightly over inflated, stacked on top of each other, or a on a rack vertically, and covered.

They should be slightly over inflated, stacked on top of each other, or a on a rack vertically, and covered.

Just ordered a wheel rack, it will precipitate a small garage reorganisation but I've been meaning to tidy that corner up anyway :)