Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali controller for camper

K

kerbside

Hi, :new here

Just trying to find out what a symbol represents on the camper controller.

Bottom right is the display for energy supply, no problem, however mine is flashing with a circle and the letter "G" in the circle.

It does not matter wether I am connected to mains power or running from battery.

I have checked the connections re: reverse live/N etc and all is ok.

Any help ???????? Thanks in anticipation.

Hi and welcome to the forum

as far as I know the later G in the control panel indicates that the batteries are being charged by the alternator and should only show when the engine is running.
I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

steve

Your right Steve it should indicate a G for generator If the engine is running And if it is plugged into the mains it shows a little 2 pin plug symbol
I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the replies. Obviously a problem here then as I have a "G" WITHOUT engine running or being plugged in. Need to check this out. :sad

Have you tried resetting the control unit?
I forget how to do it now, you have to hold down the lower right button for 5 seconds or something.
Perhaps check the manual no doubt someone will be able to better advise if you hang on for a bit.

Try pressing the lower button on the right hand side of the control panel for 5 seconds this should reset it
If it doesn't you have a fault :thumb

Thanks, I will give this a go tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks to all the quick replies above.
A reset looks like it has solved the problem :barmy

After running the fridge all last night and today it looks like I have to set the controller to 1deg to maintain a temp of between 4 & 6 in the fridge box but apart from that all looking good.
Thanks again fOr the help, I will come back here again.
Thanks to T5 WOB for the link. :clap

kerbside said:
After running the fridge all last night and today it looks like I have to set the controller to 1deg to maintain a temp of between 4 & 6 in the fridge box but apart from that all looking good.
Thanks again fOr the help, I will come back here again.
Thanks to T5 WOB for the link. :clap
It's a bit confusing at first as the numbers are just graduations and not 'deg' settings :crazy
:idea: so it follows that the fridge will be warmer set on 1 than say 6...hope this makes sense.

Chris

Back