Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Conversion

Chally2

Chally2

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hello,

I'm new to to campervans and I managed to get a 2010 Auto cali conversion.

Am I still aloud on here?

The motor is good, it used to be a carravelle, but the conversion is showing up a few issues which I wasn't expecting, so I guess I will be using the shop. My first purchase is a new gas hose as I think the old one is leaking. A slight noise and smell of gas plus the hose inflates so that's getting changed.

There are a few other issues so Let's see how I get on.

Thanks

Chally 2

Welcome on board , it's a free world as is this forum ....
....nothing beats a Cali doh...
;)
Do take precaution with gas!

Thanks.
I drove down from Aberdeen, 500 miles ish. Felt great. Now driving back to Newcastle this weekend.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Ask away. Might be able to help.:thumb

Who did the conversion? I'm one of many hoping that the guys that can 'build a Cali in a shed' may go on to offer out of warranty repairs to factory Cali's.

Hello,

The motor is good, it used to be a carravelle, but the conversion is showing up a few issues which I wasn't expecting, so I guess I will be using the shop. My first purchase is a new gas hose as I think the old one is leaking. A slight noise and smell of gas plus the hose inflates so that's getting changed.

Thanks

Chally 2
:welcome

Hello,

Thanks

Chally 2
:welcome
It's been said already but do take care with gas. I worry when you say "hose inflates"! You should check your regulator is working properly too.

Hello,

My first purchase is a new gas hose as I think the old one is leaking. A slight noise and smell of gas plus the hose inflates so that's getting changed.
Chally 2
What sort of hose is it, when i used to repair caravan gas fridges i came across a hose similar on a caravan, it was the hose type we used on manometers, and that inflated. Needless to say i refused to repair fridge and suggested the correct hose fitted and a new regulator.

if the hose inflates it's failed. the outer rubber sheathing is inflating with the gas pressure. same as a hose pipe in a garden DITCH THAT HOSE IMMEDIATELY. then have a cold beer

I'm picking up my conversion on Tuesday...be really exciting to see the changes.

No gas tho, in fact, a very minimal conversion, so less to worry about. (-: