Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Cooking Cheats

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have a book from Ferran Adrià, the world star chef, with some quick recipes. One of them is tortilla made from crisps. So you see, not that crazy! :thumb

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Maybe I will try it for campervan cookout :D ;) certainly very different!
It would make a fun video. You don't need to 'own' the idea....you could say it came up on the forum, which might draw more folk here. If the recipe works, you could become PM!

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
forum co ordinator
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Haha I'm more than happy to try these things and credit the clever folks behind them if they are happy for me to try it. You are right would be a fun episode! THe Denmark episode 2 is almost ready, and then I have a few recipes lined up but some short quick fun ones is a must.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
It’s bonkers, but can see the advantages for a Campervan quick meal...

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Instant microwave rice, can be stir fried too or added to soemthing and heated through ;)
A pouch of rice or grains fits perfectly with a slash of water in a Ridgemonkey toastie xl pan. Flipping/shaking the closed pan eliminates the need for stirring.

These Merchant ones are a big favourite of ours. They do a wide range of different grains/flavours but the Mexican and Spanish ones are to die for. Easy to store and have a very long shelf life. Can be a whole meal, a side or padding for a soup/stew.1A48B263-AD1B-4ECC-A5F7-7676309A842A.jpeg

GSX1300R

GSX1300R

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
All the meals that we used to prepare and take away for our holidays in Europe will of coarse have to change unless they are completely meat and dairy free..Our first week was always ready prepared meals then supermarket provisions..Oh well that’s progress I suppose.

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
All the meals that we used to prepare and take away for our holidays in Europe will of coarse have to change unless they are completely meat and dairy free..Our first week was always ready prepared meals then supermarket provisions..Oh well that’s progress I suppose.
Will dried meat/dairy be allowed?

VW California Club