Cali T6 Lower Front Radiator Grill - removal and replacement

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Grrrr....:mad:...! Just finished washing the Cali and discovered that someone (not me) has damaged my front lower radiator grill. I can't actually see the impact point but there are 5/6 of those little vertical thingies that are severed. I am in two minds. Should I just forget about it or replace?
I am inclined to replace as I am a bit OCD about our Cali;).
So how do I remove the lower grill? I have seen some stuff on here about the T5 and have figured that the 6 is different as the grill is much bigger. And then how to put the new one back?
As an aside I had thought of doing an upgrade to have a red insert before this incident - so maybe someone is telling something ;).
And lastly who are good suppliers of red grills/parts. I know of world of QB Carbon but I think they only do the coloured streamer strips.
All help appreciated :).

Its a bumper off job I'm afraid Ric.
You can see how its done as part of this video.
Cheers Loz. Doesn't look too bad a job to attempt my self. Now to get the parts!
Think I will wait 'til I get back from Norway though.....

if it's the bottom grill it just pulls out. if it's damaged it doesn't matter if you break the tabs. but....you MUST remove the 2 smaller side ones first. where the lower fog lights are. or you'll break some tabs on those as they fit behind it. I bought a new lower grill from vw and it was about 40 quid. a pigeon smashed mine.

if it's the bottom grill it just pulls out. if it's damaged it doesn't matter if you break the tabs. but....you MUST remove the 2 smaller side ones first. where the lower fog lights are. or you'll break some tabs on those as they fit behind it. I bought a new lower grill from vw and it was about 40 quid. a pigeon smashed mine.
Thanks FB. Yes it is the bottom one and yes it could have been a bird that damaged it (hadn't thought of that). That's maybe why I can't find an impact point.

Back